When is it legit to blame others?

Blaming is immature and a sign of immaturity, but is there ever a right time to blame someone for something? Could you give some examples?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the only legitimate time to really blame others is if…
    1. You have been physically, emotionally, or sexually abused.
    2. Your heart was mangled and completely broken.
    3. You were set up for something you did not do and ended up paying for a crime that wasn’t yours.
    4. Identity theft.
    5. A loved one was killed, seriously maimed, or is in a coma because of them.

There probably are some more reasons I’m leaving out. Blame isn’t always necessarily an indication of immaturity. Sometimes serious, legitimate, troubling, traumatizing life events occur because of someone else and their piss poor decisions and the blame truly, sincerely is their fault.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honor is given where honor belongs, blame is given where blame belongs.

At any given time it is always legit to blame the one deserving it. But never put blame out of haste and without knowing all the details. Reserve judgement for when you KNOW who's to blame, instead of blaming when you THINK you know.

What Girls Said 3

• Blaming someone is pointless, because it's not doing anything. It's saying "you did it" but not doing anything to change things -you're saying "you messed up" but not that it'll ever be okay or looking for solutions. Holding someone accountable if they did something wrong is okay, though -it's saying "you messed up. Do your best to fix it." I think it's always acceptable to hold someone accountable for their actions -particularly if they hurt someone else or caused property damage.

• It's not always immature to blame. If someone did something that caused you or someone else to get into trouble then they should be blamed on own up to their wrong doings. A single person should not be punished for the actions of many.

• if they have done something wrong that seriously affects your current lifestyle, life, situation etc

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah of course their is.

For example: me an you was hanging out, you went the toilet and left your phone as you was coming out you saw me put your phone and a bad a weed in my pocket;)

Then you could blame me;)

• You should blame whoever's responsible.

Blaming yourself for other people's wrongdoing is as bad as blaming other people for your wrongdoing.

• If someone has caused you or your family harm on any level.

• "Blame is for God and small children"

From the film 'Papillon'.