Is it a date or just hanging out?

Me and my closest guy friend planned ahead of time to watch a free movie together at the cinemas and it was just the two of us at night. Afterwards, he texted me thanking me for inviting him and saying that he had a really good time. My mom says it was a date, but I don't think he likes me like that?

• It wa a date!
    33% (2)80% (4)55% (6)Vote
  • You were just hanging out
    67% (4)20% (1)45% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• unless specified as a date, its just hanging out. don't ever assume you're on a date, it has to be mutually known.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think it was just hanging out. People don't believe a male/female can have a platonic relationship especially if they do things on their in pairs without others. You will be able to tell if it wanted it to be a date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hard call - If you feel that he doesn't like you like that, go with your gut and call it hanging out

1|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, if you are the opposite sex, and its only the two of you - its a date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah unless he said it was then no. What's the point of playing mind games.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! And I know right!

• Did you want it to be a date?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If you guys didn't define it as a date, then it's not a romantic date.

Definition of Date:

2. a social or romantic appointment or engagement

• a person with whom one has a social or romantic engagement

A date can be just two friends hanging out or it could be two people romantically dating. I've hung out with my best friend doing stuff similar to that. He's a guy. We just hang out, no dating.

If you really want to find out, I would DTR with your friend. That's the only way you will really know.

0|0
    0|0