How can I pass the time at work?

I work in a small town mall, which is slowly dying and going out of buisness. I'm in a small store most of the day and find that most days I have nothing to do and I'll be constantly recleaning the things I cleaned yesterday or vaccuming twice or even just rearanging things on the shelves to the point they end up in the same position over again. My point is i don't get many customers a day, I'm lucky if I have one an hour and on the really long shifts this can be killer. I tend to play my music and wander arround the store but what else could I do? I'm not nessisarally supposed to play games or read at work but when there isn't anything left to do after two hours what else am I supposed to do? All the free time I always have means everything is always done, and that everything is up to date and I'm never sure what to do to pass the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to work somewhere like that. Except I was a ticket person at a booth. Only on Fridays was it busy. Mondays were literally the worst, NOBODY came in or out. On those days, my manager didn't care to see my using the computer to go on YouTube. Rewatch old videos, read a book. Write a story. Play really mindless games.

In the meantime, probably best to start looking for a new job as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not supposed to read at work either, but I do anyways until I get told specifically that day to put my book away. If all of your stuff is done, then there's not much you can really do unless a manger gives you new specific tasks to work on. So that's on them.

What Guys Said 2

• can you sneak on GaG? that can kill the time lol.

• Just stay on GAG... like you're doing now...

• My boss gives me hell if I'm on my tablet all day. :/

• Maybe, you can think about your dreams... and start to jot down a plan on how to reach them... one step at a time.

What Girls Said 0