I'm gonna go to army. Any thoughts?

I'm gonna go to army. Any thoughts?
So, I'm planning on going to army, because it will give me some respect from others and I get better changes to get a better job. Any thoughts?

Nearly everybody (guys) have said that it's stupid idea and I can't make it. Really? Only because I'm a girl, that doesn't mean that I couldn't/shouldn't go to army. WTF guys
To those who have supported me in this, THANK YOU so much for that and I make sure to follow everyone of you :) (for those who said it before this update cuz I'm not gonna follow those who support me only to have more followers)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8Edl0ZwKg watchi this video. This my message to you.

"Your time is limited. So don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other peoples' thinking. Don't let the Boise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your feet and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly wants to become. Everything else is secondary."

• I believe people who join the army waste their lives and support un unmoral cause. I also believe that respecting a person simply because he/she is a member of the army is ridiculous. There are other jobs where you could benefit society to a much greater degree. But eventually it's your on life and everyone has to make their own decisions.

• An immoral cause?
      First of all the Army is important because countries need a land-based force to defend them. It would be political suicide not to have an armed force for self-defense and self-preservation. We don't live in the kind of peaceful world you seem to wanna live in and the people in the military, basically, the military risk their lives every day so idiotic people with this kind of statements can sleep safely in their comfort of their own home. THEY are the ones protecting your right to say stupid remarks like this but you know I can't change your opinion I can only speak against it because it is my right. They earn a greater respect than any civilian because they risk their lives every day and they deserve to be treated with a different standard than any person who isn't doing this. Just like firefighters, cops, and doctors deserve a different level of respect from society because these people are the ones that put their lives at stake every day.

• There are people out there that have lost family members fighting over this beautiful country of opportunity and yes there is war and yes there is evil but that's everywhere and we have an army to protect our loved ones and our freedom. So don't be an arrogant annoying brat who doesn't know what they are talking about. I have lost family members and I have prayed for the ones that are still in the military serving so don't come at me with that bullshit. Our soldiers are out there constantly fighting for their lives so don't you dare criticize any of them or any future possible soldier sir. Now I am not gonna waste another minute of my time arguing with someone as monstrously nieve as you. @BlueCoyote

• @esparza13 Wow, you're so unimaginably stupid. I'm not from fucking America, I'm from Switzerland. I wasn't talking about any of your civil wars. Maybe put the cursor of your mouse on the profile name before you spew so much nonsense next time.

• Hahahaha.

I would advise against it. There are plenty easier ways for a woman to earn respect and get a good job.

Not to mention, the military does not command much respect anymore. Think about it--they spend most of their time fighting to overthrow arab dictators, not to mention that anyone familiar with soldiers knows they're usually on par with bikers or college kids morally, just more disciplined. My brother is in the US army, several of my classmates were army, one of my coworkers was Air Force... respect? Ahahaha. Funny. Likable? Sure.

• I'm in Finland not in USA. Are you sexist? Because what you're saying sounds like you don't think women should join army. Only because we are different from you guys doesn't make any difference that we couldn't join army.

• But it still is offensive to me

• I really don't care if you're "offended" or not. If you don't want to be "offended" then don't get on the internet, that should help.

• I think it's a good idea. That makes me think you're a selfless person who likes to fight for others. I don't know about Finland but in Ghana, Ladies in the Army are not allowed to do much work. And hey, you can do it. You're not the first lady to be in army.

• Given you have mandatory military service in Finland for all men, you're not exactly going to stand out except for your gender - and even then, Finland readily accepts women into all roles in the military.

• It's a good career to get into and you can retired at young age
    they do have a discipline policy ( i know your a good girl) i know
    this guy is like age 21 and he is very well mannered plus it
    gives you experience and if your not going to get married and
    have kids than this is something for you ,,

• Joining the Army and having kids, husband doe cause lot of stress
      unless you make them plans from retiring at a young age, Yes you
      do go through lot of training there is lot of Pros and Cons cause you
      can be stationed anywhere with this type of career But I'm sure
      all countries have their own policies..

• It's a nice thought, the army will make you both physically and mentally tough, it will also make more confident. If you like it you can make a career and retire in 20 year, but make sure you do it because you want to, it's a hard decision and it won't be easy, but it will be very rewarding to wear the uniform. When it comes to respect, it's something you have to earn regardless if you join or not.

• Thanks for being one of the fews who said that in nice tone, not laughing at me. But I am still going to join the army.

• If that's what you want great. The most important part is wanting to do it because you feel it, a lot of people join for the wrong reasons. The first thing they ask you when you get here is why you join, many said because they had nothing else and the army look like the only option, others were trying to get out of trouble, others were getting kicked out the house, and a lot ot them though the army was about call of duty (shooting weapons from the moment you get here). Regardless of you are, male-female, or strong -weak, it's nothing about that but a big mental challenge that will really suck, but will me you a better, stronger person.. good luck

• I really want it for myself

• Do some serious research on what MOS you want to be in and try to get that in your contract you sign to enlist with your recruiter. Another option is go to College part of the AROTC program and become an officer (you start as a 2nd lieutenant).

• If those are the only reasons than I think you should reconsider.
    Do some research and see what you like about the military.

Respect is not something that you gain just from simply joining something, it is something people give you for the type of person you are.

• You're too young to make such a decision now. Only by reading that you want it to get respect makes it clear that you have no idea what you're going to do there.
    People nowadays look at the armed forces as if it is a civil service.

• Hey it'll be under four years when it's time to decide it so...

• You have time until you're 25. But I still don't believe you really want this, considering the reasons you state.
      For the record, Im a special forces paratrooper. I know what the military is.

• Those reasons I stated isn't the only ones

• Great Idea. Feeling proud of you. Go ahead :)

• what i know is girls are very few in the army so you will an inspiration for other girls to join in the army. good :-)

• You aren't gonna like it

• You can't know that

• You only said that once in this conversation, when you said "again" but okay..
      Also, I'm not going to know the sign for the Finnish army either when I live in the UK and I don't care for armies so yeah

• Yeah I got it and you don't even have to know the signs. That's okay :)

• Well it's tiring AF that's a tough place I come from a military family trust me it ain't fun

• It's entirely up to you. Do what you want and don't let what others say get to you. Good luck :)

• Seems like you wanted only support in favor of. your post said "I'm gonna go to army. Any thoughts?". the people are just voicing their "thoughts."
    I digress, i think you should do whatever you want! Good luck on your goals!

• Sorry for that then. Next time I'm gonna type it better

• Although, i will say if you are going into the army just to get more respect, you are only 14, so your outlook may change by the time you are old enough to join. Just know, you don't need to prove to anyone you are worthy of respect! (you have mine). :P.

• Yeah :) thank you
      I'm trying to work up my strength

• True dat and you would be proclaimed as a hero.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's definitely a good career choice and don't they pay for college? if i'm not mistaken.

I say go for it if it's something you actually want to do, I wouldn't do it just because you like the thought of others respecting you though, do it because it's something you enjoy.

• If it's the life you want, I support you. It's not a lifestyle I would ever be happy with. I'm not good at following orders just because some mook told me to.

• i wish you all the best.. :) my dad wanted me to.. but i had different plans for life..

• That's cool... don't think I'd be tough enough for it, but good for you:)

• It all depends what you want. Going in the army is very good for girls that like sport and an active life. And if you choose a technical education there, it can certainly help you finding a job in the future.

• That's the reason? I don't think that's a good idea then.