Have you ever refused to tip a server at a restaurant?

If so why did you? was the service horrible? food bad? or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• She told me we deserved cold bread because we came in 2 hours before close. And then proceed to tell me I had a black aura. Pretty sure she didn't deserve a tip.

What Girls Said 8

• I have never not tipped at a restaurant. The only time I ever gave a crappy tip ($1) was when our waitress disappeared for 45 minutes and I needed a refill. I don't know if she went home or what.

• The only time I can remember not tipping is when we went abroad. It's so strange to not tip your waitstaff!

• Yes. I've had really rude servers. I had one lady take my plate before I was done with it. She kept reaching across my face. She was just really horrible as a waitress.

• Way too many times. When you're young, waiters here don't respect you at all. I don't know why but it's happened to many times to me, specially when I was around 15. They assume you won't complain or care just because you're a teen but I'm not down for that. If you give me a bad service I will complain and I won't give you a tip.

• We don't have to tip here so I never actually have. I think I'd have a hard time getting used to it if I moved to the states because I'm just not used to it.

• I'm too nice to not tip the asshole servers.

• No I always tip 5 bucks even if the food was shitty

• Yes the server was the worst. But being I couldn't let it go I left a dime just so she wouldn't think maybe I forgot to leave one.

What Guys Said 11

• Terrible service, which may or may not involve bad food and no attempt to made to rectify that.

Some 'gourmet' fast food places have started including the 'do you want to leave a tip' option on their debit card machines. TIP? For handing me an overpriced burger?

• A few times, one was horrible, another was poor service and the worst case the waiter at a buffet said "I thin you've had enough".

• In my country tipping is not necessary, and if we do it's usually just 1-2 euros, no matter how big is the bill. When I was younger, my father usually made me decide how much to give as a tip, and there were times (many times) where I told him not to give anything. The service over there is not as good as in the US, it sucks in many restaurants, so it's pretty common to get bad service, and in those situations I don't tip, or if I do, it's like 5 cents.

• Im at a restaurant rn worst service i ever had

• I'm cheap and only tip of the service is exceptional. Not going to tip some pizza-faced teen guy who drags his feet and speaks in a monotonous voice.

• Here the 15% tip is included in the bill. No problem: even if the service is shitty, you gotta pay it.

• Ya, once... She was blatantly rude, but otherwise totally ignored us, and the food was aweful

• When they can't get tips ;-; sad, but I still leave in under my plate

• I tipped a pizza delivery girl after she was an hour and a half late.

• Yes lot's off times we only tip in the uk for good service not like across the pond were it's law that you have to tip anyone and evryone

• Yes, she was rude, slow and incompetent. I also told the manager why I didn't give a tip... She actually started yelling at our entire party. It was unbelievable. I actually left her 2 pennies.