Why is it sexist to say men are better than women?

Let's say you aren't some woman hater, and actually have logical reasons to back your argument?

Would that be sexist? Or just an observation?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be interesting to see what passes as proof...

But let's say that, objectively, it was proven... then no, it wouldn't be sexist. However, to then gloat about it would be arrogant and haughty--which is hardly a display of superiority...

• Does it seem I'm wanting to gloat?

That's not my intentions. Just wanted to get feedback

What Girls Said 4

• Because you're being obnoxious. Both genders are good in their own way and what a woman can do a man cannot and vice versa. There are things both genders excel in and can do easily and there are things they cannot

• Strongly disagree, but that's a discussion for another day.

But how is it being obnoxious if I state facts and give logical reasons? Nothing that says "haha women suck", but I'm actually being reasonable?

• Fair example. But that doesn't say much at all.

Take a certain field that women excel at for example. I could go in there and learn the fundamentals of it and be pretty productive.

But who's to say I do it just as good as the women? Simply entering the field doesn't say much at all.

That's basically my argument. That when comparing the two, men not only are more capable, but excel.

• Just take the fashion industry for instant. There are designers who are males that are really famous and design good stuff but women too. On the other hand there are also women who work in male dominated fields but are better at what they do than men!

• Sexism- The belief that one sex is naturally superior to the other and should dominate most important areas of political, economic, and social life.

It's pretty much the definition of sexism. That's why it's sexist.

• "... AND should dominate most important areas of political, economic, and social life."

I don't believe that at all. So would you still consider me sexist?

• Alright, what example would you like?

• @asker
      Any

• You can't just say that ALL men are better than women that's like saying all white pll are better then black pll.

You can only say that someone you know is better then someone else that you know if you have logical reasons, and still that's kinda wrong because what actually says that someone is better then someone else?

• Better as in physical and mental capabilities and limitations

• I didn't think it was rude, no need for an apology

• Okay 😊

• It's not sexist. For that to be sexist you'd have to say something like "men are better because they are men" or "women can't do maths because they are women". And try not to make your reasons generalisations either.

What Guys Said 7

• Anything women aren't the best at is sexist against women. If a 90 pound cheerleader challenges Iron Mike Tyson, Donnie Yen, and Manny Pacquiao to a fight all at the same time, and she just barely loses in the fifth round after knocking out Mike and Manny but gets knocked out by Donnie, that is sexist against women.

• Um because it is sexist. Like at the very core of your idea it's sexist. Men on average are better than women at some things just like women on average are better than men at other things. Just because we're different doesn't mean we aren't equal. I'd hate to be in a relationship with a woman that could do everything the same as I could. I want to be better at some things than her and have her be better at some things than me. You can teach and learn from each other and that's how people bond. Equality doesn't mean we have to be clones of each other. That would be one boring world.

• "... just like women on average are better than men at other things."

Other than child birth, men can do anything women can do, and do it just as good or better.

Do you have any examples to back your statement?

Not attacking you by the way, I'm genuinely curious

• No, you're not a toddler you can google it yourself it's not hard to find. You claim superiority yet want to be spoon fed at the same time.

• Relax man lol, I'll go ahead and search it up.

• I see it more as a generalization.

• I agree but I also think that women are better than men in other ways.

• cdn.instructables.com/.../...X3EH5ENPU40.LARGE.jpg

No females do rings because they lack the strength to do it. Men are biologically superior.

• Which is pretty much my point

Biological superiority

• And overall physical skill capabilities

• That's not true u can't say GENDER X is better than GENDER Y that's non sense we r both humans everyone has his perks u can't say men are better than women and vice versa

• I believe you can.

Just looking at each gender as creatures, and what each is physically and mentally capable of

I believe men are better. Don't hate women, but that's the conclusion I've come to when looking at the abilities and limitations of both sides

• Is it sexist to say girls' asses are better than guys'?