Samsung Galaxy 6 vs. Galaxy 6 Edge?

Do any of you have one? Pros and cons?

Is the battery an issue on the edge?

Thanks y'all! :*

I'm more confused than ever! You all are no help at all 😉😯
Thanks so much my darling lifes_curve_ball

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm baaaack. Much to everyone's displeasure probably lol
    But before we get to the nitty gritty on the phones I got a few Q's to ask you. My phone advice is tailored to what each individual values in a phone and in what order. So, you up for it? Oh and are you used to touchwiz and do you like it already or?

What Guys Said 18

• I don't have one but I read the updates regularly. Battery is not an "issue", it's just okay. I think it'll pass your one day in single charge.

There's minute difference in the screen of S6 and S6 edge. One's display produces better white while other has better brightness (which is extremely difficult to observe), the difference of 50 mah in the battery of S6 edge because the edges will take more battery (which makes a difference of 10-12%), S6 edge is lighter but thicker. A tiny bedside night clock, a contact/notification app and a glowing notification light when your phone is faced down are some S6 edge exclusive features.

Note: Both of these phones don't support external SD card and replaceable battery and they're not water and dust resistant like Galaxy S5

Verdict: Both phones are better than One M9, G4 and iPhone 6. No matter which one you'll choose, you won't go wrong. Keep in mind that does the edge worth your extra money because this is primarily for show off only. And Note 5 is about to release. If budget is not the case (which I think isn't as you're buying the current flagship) I recommend you to go for Note 5 blindly. But in my country, S6 has a good price drop which will save your money if it happened there too.

Good luck :)

• I'm an iPhone guy, You use android? We are not friends anymore, you are blocked... :p

Jokes apart, Actually the main difference between the two is that the s6 edge has an edge display lol, it's simply that, do you want that curved display? if yes then get the S6 edge if no then the S6 ... both are very good phones as I heard, actually I had the chance to hold the s6 for a couple of seconds lol and I really liked it. They say it's more comfortable to hold than the s6 edge.

• I am one of the rare ones who doesn't like android or apple OS. I feel like they have reached their peak in recent years. Samsung makes good products and I have used their phones before. So I don't think you can wrong with either of them. Make sure for as many selfies as you take to get the one with the best forward facing camera lol!

• Are you making fun of my number of selfies lolol?

• Yay! I shall try to crack you up more often.

• Don't care about other's opinion as much of your own. In past I don't like selfie or just taking normal pic I don't like to show in any photo but now I changed my thoughts that it will be fun to take photos with ur friends or to memorize good event. You may think that i am creep but i'd like to answer and follow people that I interested with. And for me buy iPhone 6 it's amazing I think android isn't that good

• The edge on the s6 isn't the best it's useless the note edge is better than the s6 edge so I would recomend the s6 and I got the note edge and it works just fine the only bad thing it gets hot after a lot of usage but charging is awesome it got fast charging adapter

• I think it's harder to hold the edge in your hand but scrolling is much easier. I'm actually planning on upgrading to the Edge myself soon. Edge does have a bigger battery than the regular s6.

www.trustedreviews.com/.../samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-s6-edge

• I'm just concerned because the battery isn't replaceable.

• It also has the gimmicky (but cool gimmicky) thing where if your phone is lying face down and if someone messages you or calls you the side of it lights up a specific color depending on who calls.

• Yeah I like that actually.

• Pros: they're both just as bad, so you won't have trouble deciding

Cons: they're not OnePlus One or Two

• I swear i was in the store yesterday trying to decide and looking at them lol. The edge has a bigger battery but it's cause the screen is bigger (hence the edge). So battery should almost be the same i would say. it's hard to pick one cause the edge looks moire sleek but the normal s6 looks more classical i would say lol. i like the normal s6 but i wouldn't mind the edge either. i'am plannig on getting one of them, I don't know which one :/

Hbu?

• Me too, I'm totally confused. I'm actually leaning towards the note 4 or the s5 atm because I want the expandable memory and replaceable battery

• I would go with the note 4. For me the memory is not an issue but i want to be able to take the battery out haha. That new lg phone (i think its the G4) has both of those, my friend is in the market of buying a new phone and i think he's going with that one. It looks nice too

• Galaxy S 6, or Note 4

I'm not a fan of the edge and if you drop it the edge part is soo vulnerable.

• I still have my trusty ol' Note 3. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I think I'm gonna hold off on upgrading til the Note 6 comes out.

The Edge seems gimmicky to me, so simply on that basis alone I'd probably favor the Galaxy.

• I have the note 2 lol and it's dying! I have to get something pronto!

• I figured :)

• I love Note 3. It's still the best phone in my eyes. My dad teases me because he has one 😓
      I think I'll go for Note 6 if Note 5 will be labelled as gimmicky.

• Haha I don't have the choice... received a Blackberry from work... no Samsung, Apple or other smart or less smart phones :o

• But you don't have to pay for it! :)

• Yeah that's true :D
      I'm not a big fan though. When I come home from work I switch it to "do not disturb" sssssst!

• Edge isn't worth it, it is uncomfortable just go with the standard 6. But glad you are not a sheeple like iphone users

• The S6 Edge is slightly better than the S6, and even better than iPhone 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7vHz5PbnM

• I don't have the 6/6Edge, but I did buy a Note 4 recently. I chose the non-edge because after trying the edge version, I didn't find it useful and my thumb kept tapping it by accident.

• I had S6, S6 edge, and note 4 too!.

The edge system is inconvenient and delicate, you will keep touching it accidently.

What do you want from your phone?

Assuming you are very basic user, Camera and battery timings are all you want?

• What do you know? You're just a cat 😂

• Plus, the user replaceable battery of note 4 vs S6 non replaceable battery.

By non replaceable, it means the service centre can only replace it, not the user.

Phone batteries last upto 2 years easily, provided you don't overheat the phone, like excessive sunlight exposure, or using too thick protective cases which may lead to overheating, or extended heavy use of phone while charging.

• Yes! I'm leaning towards the note or even the s5.

• i have a galaxy S5 and i think it's better because u can put a memory card and change your sim card, battery what can not be done in S6

• Nope I don't even have a regular phone I save up money to buy an xbox one instead
    XXD

• I can't put an xbox in my pocket lol

• Lol nothing wrong with that you would certainly stand out too :P but I have technical counter argument towards your "xbox in pocket" logic. How come there are those huge ipads now and you can't put those in your pocket yet people still carry them

• Good point froggie! :)

• Get a HTC as you know i've had 5 and never let me down

• Get a nokia instead! lmao

What Girls Said 3