Girls, Do you view Beards/Facial hair the same as you do Long hair?

I know from my own personal and other peoples research that most girls/women dislike long hair on men/guys. So I was wondering if women felt the same way towards facial hair or are you more open to hair on mens faces.

- Meaning that you'll like it if it suits the guy and looks right unlike how some girls who hate long hair on guys no matter how good it looks.

• I like beards/facial hair on a guy if it suits him
    56% (25)
  • I dislike it no matter what, complete deal breaker (like long hair...)
    4% (2)
  • I like both, I'm open to variety
    29% (13)
  • I don't really like either but I definitely like beards over long hair.
    11% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm, I actually like long hair on a guy if they are taking good care of it ;)
    And for facial hair, well, I love love love beards if they suit the guys face but here they should rather keep it short.

What Girls Said 19

• I like long hair better that facial hair. Unless a guy's hair is down to his waist, I like pretty much all long hair on a guy. But when it comes to facial hair, I like a small beard or the scruffy look. The huge beards aren't attractive to me neither are the huge man chops and hair jaw strap.

• I like a guy with shorter hair (not crew cut but not too long at all) and for facial hair it really depends on the guy, but I usually like clean shaven, however, I really dig the "hasn't shaved in a few days" scruff that some guys get. If a guy can rock a beard though and/or likes the way he looks with it then I say more power to him.

• I don't have a general aesthetic preference -it depends on the guy -but I like having my hair played with and I like playing with hair, and it's been my experience that guys with long hair have a little more idea what they're doing when it comes to someone else's head.

• My favorite guy combination - beard and long hair.

• I love facial hair. Nine times out of ten, I will prefer a man with facial hair. It is a bit different with long hair. For long hair, it really has to suit the man's face and overall style.

• I hate long hair on a guy, like usually if it goes past his shoulders, I'm not really attracted to him. But I love beards, I don't mind those at all

• I see facial hair as manly and long hair as girly.

• i hate long hair on a guy, and i get super wet for beards.

• I don'tt like excessively long hair, shaggy surf hair is good. And stubble is attractive but not much of a fan of beards. But it's not like a deal breaker if the guy has a beard.

• I like both but I like long hair on a guy better

• I don't like long hair on a guy but I love facial hair

• Clean cut > hipster

• i rather facial hair than a long hair!

• go to music festivals. there are lots of girls that love guys with long hair and facial hair

• I guess that could be a reason to go because I'll probably hate the music that is playing... because most of the bands I like are either defunct/broken up or just not popular enough to make it to my city or the surrounding ones.

• facial hair repels me

• I like long hair and/or facial hair if it suits the guy
    Like Severus Snape that is no

• Personally, I love long hair but I'm not usually a fan of facial hair

• I think it depends on how the guy's face looks. Sometimes short hair and clean shaven look really nice, and other times shoulder length and scruff look really nice. I'm open to a variety, as long as he keeps up his hygiene.

• You've already asked a really similar question, just go for whatever you're comfortable with.

• Yeah I know it's just that I'm curious if it is viewed the same as long hair because long hair is disliked by the majority - some so strongly that it doesn't matter how well groomed or how nice it looks it will still be disliked.

I feel beards/facial hair have more leeway or am I wrong and its same scenario just different body area.

• Facial hair has wayyyy more leeway because it's viewed as masculine (I'm not saying having no facial hair makes you more feminine, it's more neutral) but having long hair is more feminine

• I'm my own guinea pig when it comes to this, I've had long hair more frequently in my life than I've had short hair but I feel it doesn't suit me the same or that well anymore (or maybe it never did) but I still prefer it (it's like a security blanket or something I've always felt more comfortable with it than without it). But because of my constant beard grooming I've been getting ideas of how to maybe improve and I feel accentuating my head shape - meaning cutting shorter so my head is not lost in hair - would do me a favor.

I've noticed a HUGE change in how people treat me ever since I grew my facial hair out 2 years ago (especially in the last year because I've gotten better at cutting, trimming it & styling it). I get treated with more respect and I think it looks better than being completely shaven or light stubble.

I've been falling out of love with my long hair more and more but I am being a wimp about cutting it off...