Why are some amazing video games only first person shooters?

Like Wolfenstein. I can't stand first person shooters, but I was watching a walkthrough of it and thought that it was amazing. I can't play it because it's a first person shooter. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... it's a shame really.

The only game that was similar to a first person (shooter) game that I ever enjoyed and played all the way through anyway was Final Fantasy VII: The Dirge of Cerberus. Although I think there was a way to get it to not be first person possibly. Don't remember.

• I got that game and immediately sold it--couldn't do first person though it seemed like a cool game.

What Guys Said 13

• What wolfenstein game was it? I know that you can play Wolfenstein RTCW & ET in third person. Not to sure about the rest of them

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

some games have the third person "cheat" and if there's mods. . .

When it comes to metro, I'd say you're missing out

• It's the New Order. I don't have money to dish out for a gaming PC... lol.

• Ah, the new order. I just checked out a steam thread but didn't get much info, there was talk of moding but it was mostly just debating/arguing. It's best to forget about it

A gaming PC can be cheap if you go AMD with decent specs

The only thing you can do now is move on, Gears of War ultimate is waiting for you. Plus there's Gears 4 & Fallout 4 the division but that's pretty much it for console TPS games (oh, and LP3)

Oh, I almost forgot, if you save for a PC you'll have access to more TPS games, are you tempted?

• i have no idea but this FPS LOOKS SO EPIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkl93BqYJnQ

• First person shooters are popular these days, because of the many introverted and angry people in the modern world, looking for a way to express their anger!

• rather that than having them shoot up the real world XD
      And statistically it IS helping. Ten chrims rates drop by a noticeable margin every time a new CoD game hits the market ^^

• Wolfenstein is so good though! D: I loved the older ones too. I prefer first person unless there is interactions with melee and with the surrounding. Like Gears of War or The Last of Us (which is surprisingly fun on multiplayer) But if its crappy interaction with no cover to cover movement/sprinting then first person shooter all day. I like some strategy games as well... but that's more of an aerial view.

• @RationalLioness Why can't you play first person shooters? Also, there are so many games out there with great graphics, cinematics, and storyline. Knights of the fallen empire cinematic from swtor is just awesome, better than the actual game itself lol.

• UGH. See? I know there are so many games with great story lines and it's sucks that I can't play them. I just don't like being in first person. I like third person view. Skyrim is the only game that I can play almost majorly first person but I switch over often.

• Mass Effect isn't an FPS and it's amazing!

Favorite FPS is Halo.. :3 I'm pretty good at it.

• I loved mass effect series, awesome storyline too.

• I love Mass Effect. I've played the whole series... lol. And yeah, I forgot that it's a shooter. As well as Gears of War. :D

• I was playing Multiplayer on BF4 earlier. I love getting in the Littlebird and just destroying with the miniguns. xD

• Batman arkham asylum-Arkham Knight, the witcher 2&3, uncharted 1-3 and soon to be 4, the last of us etc there's some good none first person shooter games for ya :)

• I played the Batman series---amazing. I need to play Witcher and Uncharted sounds like zombies. I'll have to check up on those.

• Uncharted is more like the Indiana Jones movies, it's actually inspired by those movies and you can see many similarities.
      The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games, it's amazing.

• They both were inspired by Indiana Jones but I say it's more like tomb raider because it's run and gun while Indiana Jones isn't @aleDeEurope

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7l_tLWFxhA

In terms of America, Gaijin Goombah explains it pretty well.

• My favorite games are actually in third person like the Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Uncharted... Have you played The Last of Us? That's in third person and it's one of the best games ever.

• Because they are? What's wrong with FPS games? A lot of them are really great. I'm not into CoD or things like that, though. Those kinds bore me, to be honest. Are you playing it on a console or PC? Honestly, I don't like playing FPS games on consoles at all. I much prefer playing them on PC.

• Why not be like Skyrim and give the option of both? I'm on console.

• Hmm, it seems like there are some games that are like that. I know there are other games a lot like skyrim in terms of the openworld adventuring, but it's a pretty rare genre. The fact that it's a FPS/TPS is pretty rare. I think it'd be nice, but it might be hard. The difficulty of FPS games is that they require aiming in FP. However, if it could be a TP game as well, then it might make the aiming aspect of it kind of funky, I would feel like.

• Why can't you play it because it's a fps game?

• I don't like FP view. I only do in Skyrim for some reason. But to constantly have to do first person? I don't like it.

• Try fallout 3 or new Vegas. RPG's made by Bethesda or games similar to them take tons of patience. FPS games are for fast paced players.

• I'm sick of first person shooters but Borderlands is pretty cool.

• Call of duty is the obvious one, it's the best of its kind
    Battlefield
    Titananfall
    Halo
    Destiny

What Girls Said 0