Why am I so addicted to a life that isn't mine?

I wish to have everything! I seriously mean this! I want Uggs, Michael Kors, Coach etc. I have this fantasy that I am living the rich life where I have everything I ever wanted! But I'm broke! I spend my money pay check, after pay check in these items, and wonder why I'm broke! I'd rather spend money on things like that instead if getting a fucking cell phone so people can contact me. Is something wrong with me? I want all these things and I would do a lot for them! Like I had a sugar daddy and that was great! But I wanted more than he could afford since he was still in college. I want so much expensive things it makes my mind explode! Why am I so addicted to a life that I don't live?

Thanks to everyone that posted. I am grown up, I just want the finer things in life. I don't get bored with the. Things I get, I just forget about them and go for something different. I have always been this way since I was a child, I don't think it can change sadly.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could fulfill your wish, but I wouldn't. Not because you aren't nice. You're doing it for the wrong reasons. You're trading one form of materialism for another. I can always make more money. It doesn't buy happiness, it buys the illusion of it. Living a hollow dream leaves you just as empty.

• Thanks so much for MHO! I really appreciate it. And I apologize for being so blunt about it.

• No its okay, there aren't a lot of people in this world who would if said it the way you said it. So thank you

What Guys Said 4

• You're going through a stage of life that you want lot things that are expensive
    if you only knew the money i spent on cell phones i should be shot for the money
    i spent on cell phones... See growing up i didn't have much of anything cause
    my dad loss his job i was teen in school and i would work part time in my teen
    years for this Summer program offered to teens. My very first job i worked when
    minimum wage was like $3,35 a hour for the state of Pennsylvania and that was
    back in the middle 80's but i saved money and bought my family a brand new TV
    but I'm like you with different things other than cell phones too on my part
    maybe we are missing something in our life;s growing up ,

• you're not the only one. we are selfish by nature, thats human. i honestly think you just need to grow up some more.

• Wrong priorities. Interestingly statistically people are way happier who spend their money on experiences rather than goods. Material goods will not make you happy - it is just the "the grass is greener on the other side", but when you have them, they bore you and you want more and more. In a way it is like a drug-addiction where you always need to step-up the intensity of the shots.

• We all have that not just you, it's dreams and hopes that might give you what you want if you believe in them

What Girls Said 1

• At least you know you're superficial and see the problem. You need to develop self control. You're an adult, and you can't live your life acting on impulse and doing things just to satisfy your materialistic desires. Also, you shouldn't be using people for their money. You haven't indicated you used him for money, he seemed to know their was a symbiotic relationship. But never use people.