Girls, I'm so insecure. Should I talk to a female friend of mine for advice?

Ok so there's this friend of mine right? And she has other guy friends. Now her other guy friends are what you would call "alpha males." They have sex with girls a lot and they get a lot of attention from girls and such and such. A couple of them even seduced HER a few times. Well I want to be like these guys. Everytime she brings up one of her guy friends I feel like a huge discrace. I hate myself because these guys are complete avatars of sex appeal and masculine energy and I'm not. You think she'd give me advice if I asked her? What do you think she'll do if I talked to her about this?

She's telling me to just be myself and love will come and that there's nothing wrong with me. Doesn't she get that I'm trying to make myself more attractive? Why does she say that I'm fine the way I am when clearly there are things that she can tell me?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, I really like the way you write..."Avatars of sex appeal and masculine energy.." fantastic description... Second, you shouldn't feel like a disgrace, every man is different and being confident in who you are is sexy as hell... Everyone is unique but since you are asking if she would give you advice, I think she would... If she is a true friend and wants to help you out, I think she would give you pointers, if that is what you are looking for... :) Anyway I wish you all the best and I think you should rock being you, but hey that's just my opinion... :) Good Luck! :)

What Girls Said 7

• yeah, if you open up to each other however shallow (meaning the topics you talk about, not that this is shallow okay?) it is okay. Friends are more than happy to help a friend :) However, if by chance you like her, it's a no.

You can also be like them and even better, it's a matter of changing mindset and improving self expression ;)

• You would probably have to use a fair bit of self-depreciation when approaching the topic, if you were to do so.

• Hey, alpha male is cool, but your type is great too. I like intelligence in a man. It's very attractive.

• If she is a genuine friend , then she will be more than happy to give you advice.

• How can a woman like you if you don't even like yourself? Work on your confidence and soon after everything will become easier.

• Just ask her, I'm sure she'll be happy to help

• That's what friends are for