Can I use the word band-aid in the title of my book? Is it copyrighted?

I'm writing a book about this girl who has had a hard life and she meets a guy and he fixes her blah blah blah. The title is going to be "Evelina's Bandaid." Alot/Most of my books have been in the most popular section of wattpad and I was wondering if I used the word bandiad would it be concidered copyright? Like I don't want to get in trouble or anything if I end up wanting to publish the book. Bandaid is such a relitive term. Same with "Q-tip" appossed to "Cotton Swab." "Bandage" just doesn't fit with the title.

Most Helpful Guy

• Band-aid was originally a trademark of Johnson & Johnson, but its common use to generically describe similar products led to it losing its protected trademark status.

If you aspire to be an author, you need to proofread and spell check your work. You have at least 4 misspelled words in your post. I offer this as a constructive criticism and not as a put down; an author should always be proud of their written work product.

• Just putting it out there, my phone was at 1% and I didn't have time to spell check my work, bitch.

• If you're having difficulty taking constructive criticism from someone being nice, you're going to have a LOT of difficulty if you ever try to publish/sell your work. Criticism is the life of an author.

• Since you're 13 you might not get the joke ! but he was just joking , calm down !

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• band-aid is copyrighted. But bandage is not

• Yeah it's a brand name. I wouldn't. I don't think anything will happen to you if you're just writing a book and sharing it with your friends and I don't think they'd actually come after you but if it couldn't get published.

• To be safe I would use bandage or cure or something.

• Band-aid is copyrighted. Adhesive bandage is what you should say.

What Girls Said 1

• Band-Aid is a brand name and is probably trademarked (you put a copyright on a published work) you'd have to have an intellectual property attorney look into the trademark and it's limitations and working out the legality of usage.