Do you believe that men care more about physical appearance than women do?

I've heard people say this before. I'd like to know what you guys think though. And why you believe that.

• Men care more
  • Both are exactly equal
  • Women care more

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they do. Maybe they're not as picky but I really do think physical attraction is important. It's scientific fact that men are more visual when it comes to attraction and I don't know as many guys who've dated girls who aren't their type and then grown to love it.

Most Helpful Guy

• All I can say is if a woman had the same level of physical attractiveness that i have as a man she damn sure wouldn't get the degree of attention from men I did from women.

So I say women care less and bless them for it.

What Girls Said 4

• I think men care more because I see many attractive woman with ugly guys but I almost never see an attractive man with an ugly girl - even if the girl is rich - she can't get a good looking guy unless she is also good looking.

• I think girls care more about how they look but when it comes to looking for a SO, men care a lot more.

• Oh yeah, i meant looking for partners. Not their own physical appearance.

• Yeah I realized that... after voting

• I'm pretty sure it depends on the person.

• In my experience, I rarely see a guy grow to love a girl that he didn't initially find attractive. It's usually a female that falls for the guy friend that she didn't like before. Yet in general both care about appearance.

What Guys Said 4

• I think that while the sexual aspect of men is more visual (seeing boobies generally turns a man on, but seeing a penis generally does not turn a woman on), women are more prone to having solid inflexible requirements of their partners appearance.
    I don't mean to say that guys are 'easy' but the majority of men are pretty flexible in what they would accept from a potential mate, sure they may have a physical ideal in mind, but if they like a lass and her boobs are smaller than expected they won't care.
    Meanwhile the majority of girls have certain minimal requirements they won't budge on, like certain heights or hair colours. Even race seems more of an issue for many women.

What i'm trying to say is that neither cares more, but they both tend to care differently.

• generally yes, although women do more than they care to mention and just cite another reason rather than looks as a reason not to date someone.

• Men and women both probably care more about the physical appearance of women.

• I think both care much more than they are willing to admit, with women having higher standards but being more willing to settle on them. Men have lower standards but care just as much. Lower standards because high standards doesn't suit men biologically (desire to reproduce as much as possible).