How do you feel about captive orcas?

Are you pro or anti-cap and how strongly? & why

• I am strongly anti captivity
  • Am strongly pro captivity
  • I am indifferent

Most Helpful Girl

• Orca captivity is really depressing. It's obvious those animals are miserable.

What Guys Said 10

• No animal should have to live in captivity BUT, if we're going to cage them for research, zoos, etc., their environment should be ample size and resemble their natural habitat as closely as possible.

• I'm only in favor if the animals are being kept in captivity in order to protect them and to help them reproduce, but if is for profit like Sea world definitely no.

• I don't even like zoos. To subject an intelligent animal to such a boring existence is like prison for no reason.

• I don't agree with it but if the animal would be in danger if it was released then I don't there is an alternative option the UK "monkey world" sanctuary world proves capvite animals can be happy to if correctly cared for

• Said indifferent because it depends on why they are being kept, are they injured? Is it to prevent the spread of disease? Would the ones being held survive back out in the ocean?

• Its like those abused animal commercials!😰

• Animals should not be kept in zoo...

• Treat the whales for any injury, rehab them and let them back into the wild.

• I'm neutral because they would be likely hunted/killed in the wilds by Japanese, Norwegian , or whoever else profits from then.

• People are allowed to keep dogs right? Does one animal have more rights than another?

• but we don't keep dogs in an environment where they barely have enough room to move and would have to encircle their environment 1400 times to get enough exercise for a day also dogs don't live 80 years in the wild and around 30 in captivity

• Actually a lot of people do. Since when does the amount of years an animal lives determine how many rights it has over another?

• i didn't say the years it lives i meant that a dog lives a natural life span when it is in 'captivity' so to speak orcas on the other hand live a fraction of their natural lives, and do you think its kind when people keep there dogs locked up in tiny environments? they have equal rights, they both have the right to a comfortable life that they live to the extent of there natural life span

What Girls Said 0