Why do people think you always have to please others?

I use to always get out my way to please others. So they wouldn't feel bad or mad at me. Or for what ever reason now I am in my point in life. That I just don't care if I can't do it i can't. I am just like go screw your self. I am so over it no one bends backwards for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never intentionally hurt someone in anyway. I'm a kind and compassionate person. I will go out of my way to help people , but... i am not a pushover. My kindess only extends to those who appreciate it. I won't allow anyone to take advantage of my kindess

People treat you how you allow them to treat you, but you shouldn't change into someone else, all you need to do is... set limits for yourself that you won't go beyond. If you say " yes" to others make sure you aren't saying " no" to yourself.

Just set boundaries so no one can abuse your kindness. Peoeple will then respect you more, and be less likely to take advantage of you. 😊

What Guys Said 4

• I never go into something with the mindset to please everyone, I only care about pleasing certain people, and that number of people amounts to no more then my ten fingers.

As the saying goes you'll die trying to please everyone and you'll die before you can please everyone, so don't.

• You have to take care of yourself first. There are people that will help you and those are the ones to help.

• Personally I think it's more about balance. Not necessarily only helping someone if they'll help you, but just finding that sweet spot between your's and other's happiness.
    It can be a mutual thing too.

• I think people do it because they think it helps them become accepted and liked, but I think it masks a deep sense of low self-esteem... seeking approval from others to feel good about oneself. It's a dangerous and painful path.

• The point of this is you can't always make everyone happy. People always going to feel some type about you either way.

• Yes, ultimately, we are responsible for our own happiness... not others.

• I couldn't agree with you MORE!!

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think that,..