Are there any other women on this site like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't even know what to think. It's no wonder why people think that my generation is spoiled and entitled. That girl had $90K to spend getting an education, but she went and wasted that money on clothes, spring break and trips to Europe. It's mostly her fault. Sure, her parents should have been teaching her basic personal finance skills (and maybe they were), but it all comes down to her in the end.

She had to come to grips with getting a job? Wow, just WOW. Get a goddamn job like everyone else. If you have no experience, you start at the bottom scrubbing toilets at McDonald's. I don't care how embarrassing she thinks that is.

I hate reading about dumb people like this girl. I say "girl" because she's not a woman yet. She's still a fucking child living off the Bank of Mom & Dad. They need to cut off the money they're probably giving to her and force her to get a job.

These are the kind of people who set up accounts on Go Fund Me or something, coming up with a sob story like this because they were stupid and ran out of money when it was clear they could've gotten by. It's another reason why I strongly believe classes on basic personal finance should be mandatory throughout high school. I'm a financially savvy person and I don't want to be paying for stupid mistakes like this.

• It's not just women either, there are guys who are just as brainless. My younger brother is like this girl. My parents completely bankroll his education (he's going into his third year of a degree in aerospace engineering), and last year he came into some inheritance money (as all of us kids did). He put all the money on a down payment towards a car he couldn't afford and my parents said they would help him with payments. Three months later he completely totaled the car in a collision that was his fault so his insurance skyrocketed. He's still living at home and blames his inability to get a job on the economy. It's not the economy's fault that he can't get a job, it's his refusal to get off his ass. He's the baby of the family and is still treated like one. It really makes the rest of us mad.

• That's because getting an education in the US is so much more expensive than it is here - even at publicly subsidized state institutions, and minimum wage is so low in most parts of the country.

I have debt but it's not an astronomical amount and I'm managing it well. I had $5,000 in student loans that is nearly paid off. My husband has more but he was also an international student, so he paid more for tuition. We're not swimming in disposable income but we do have enough to pay loans and live comfortably, and we both work.

I don't believe that being able to manage finances for education and being able to live on your own isn't feasible in the US, or even Canada. There are people who can do it. Although, it's becoming harder to achieve because parents can't cut the umbilical cord. We have 25 year olds with a degree (even good degrees) who are still living at home, and either working low paying jobs or not working at all.

• But don't get me wrong - there are so many kids here who are as entitled and spoiled as this girl in the story. It's not just an American thing. And now it's starting even younger. People my age are afraid to say NO to their special little snowflakes, and I've seen the results of that in classrooms that I've worked in.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a normal woman to me. What's your point?

What Girls Said 3

• LIKE this? I really hope not, there's things called sacrifices, and even if something like going abroad was for educational purposes and it didn't fit in my budget I wouldn't go, and also blaming parents. HELL no, that's mental she's a grown adult she should've knew what she signed up for, school isn't cheap and she should've also found a job in between!

• There are probably some that are like that but those types of women are really stupid. Still that chick just fucked her self to the extreme.

• There could be PEOPLE similar to her on here, yes.

What Guys Said 5

• possible that girl exists somewhere on gag.

• That's just. Wow. I don't even know where to start with that.

• they would not admit to it or deflect and say there's some guys like this too.

• thats just WOW.. WTF...,, i blew 18,000$ less than a month.. but that wasn't for college or anything!.. but 90,000 for college... just wow

• She needs a thorough and profound fucking ass kicking!!!