WTF were these interview questions all about?

So, at an interview, this dude asked me to give him an example of when you took your time, but hurried up... and, if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why? WTF? Have you dealt with this before?

Most Helpful Girl

• so what tree did you pick?

LOL kidding, I guess they are asking you random questions to see how you respond to them. If you are creative? If that's got to do anything with the job you applied for.

Most Helpful Guy

• These are excellent examples of a company that has poor hiring practices, poor HR, or both.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he was just testing how quickly you're able to adapt to certain things, like a weird situation? But no, I've never been asked that.

• what type of interview was that lol

What Guys Said 4

• They are testing your ability to think quickly, creatively, and respond to unexpected situations under pressure.

My dad told me one such question was 'why is an orange?'

• LMAO NOOO HAHA!

• Depends. What kind of job was it? Was he being serious or was he having a little fun?

• They're all bullshit. your answers aren't as important as making sure they like you.