What does it mean to be obsessed with a person?

So I have liked this guy for over a year. I do talk about him but not everyday all the time. Only when I have questions or thoughts over him that I want to express. I dont stalk him. I dont follow him on social media. I dont text him everyday, all day. In fact, I only text him once ever couples of weeks. This girl called me obsessed when I said I loved him.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• to be obsessed means non stop wanting to get information or anything on someone, and not giving up no matter what, and it morphs almost to stalking... but it seems like you are not obsessed, so I wouldn't know why she said that.

What Guys Said 4

• i think, i be obsessed with a person is to almost be on the level of stalking the person, if you bring said person up all the time, have detailed accounts of time you've spent with him and generally act overly attentive of this person and no one else, then thats obsessive, i think this girl whose said this is saying that she doesn't think you should obsess over this person so much without knowing this person more, in other words, you should get to know this person more, plus, people don't like tape recorders stuck on replay, you don't have to talk all the time about this person, and i know you said you don't, but people get generally concerned if you're like that.

• I have known him for years first of all. Second of all I dont act overly attentive.

• oh wow, i see, well i would guess, given the context, is that the girl just doesn't think you should get back with this guy, there could be a number of reasons, but if you really do love him, keep working on that relationship, it's great that you're trying again.

• Thank you. I didn't think I was obsessed to be honest.. I really appreciate that you are not telling me to move on or trying to get me to move on and are actually nice about it. Kudos to you.

• ob·sess
    əbˈses/
    verb
    verb: obsess; 3rd person present: obsesses; past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed; gerund or present participle: obsessing
    preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.
    "he was obsessed with the theme of death"
    synonyms: preoccupy, be uppermost in someone's mind, prey on someone's mind, prey on, possess, haunt, consume, plague, torment, hound, bedevil, beset, take control of, control, take over, have a hold on, rule, eat up, have a grip on, grip More
    "being thin is obsessing her"
    be fixated on/upon, be preoccupied with, be possessed by, be consumed with/by (thoughts of), have an obsession with;
    be infatuated with, be besotted with, be smitten with;
    informalhave a thing about/for, be hung up about/on, have it bad for
    "he was obsessed with his roommate's sister"
    (of a person) be preoccupied with or constantly worrying about something.
    "her husband, who is obsessing about the wrong she has done him"

• Obsession can occur in many ways. There is the extreme form of course and the minor. As stated in a medical journal; "The difference between healthy and obsessive love is that with the latter, those feelings of infatuation become extreme, expanding to the point of becoming obsessions." There is a fine line. If the guy has not told you to stop than you are ok. If you only do it on rare occasions than that is fine. On the other hand, some guys may not say anything. If you see that he is avoiding you than this is certainly a sign. However, if you are not doing it frequently than it is not necessarily obsession but can be a nuisance if it is not being reciprocated.

• Not obsessed. So long as you look up other people too and try to meet others.

You're ok.

If you like him, up the flirting. Love makes us blind lol.

Could you check mine out pls? Would appreciate it! Need some help on these two:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1591420-why-did-a-friend-do-this-what-would-this-holodeck-fantasy-mean

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1589447-why-is-this-female-friend-behaving-like-this-please-help-can-you

• Meet others? I like him. If you mean hang out with friends, ya I do.

• Yeah so you're fine then.

It's fine to keep appraised of friends or crushes or people who are in between =)

Pls could you check out mine?

• Thanks

What Girls Said 4

• Well yeah, when you say you love someone who you're not even close with that's pretty obsessive. How well do you actually even know the guy?

• Wow another fail. Did I say I wasn't close to him? No I didn't. Assuming.

• I am in the same situation and you are not obsessed but I think that girl told you that just to say it. I know some girls who say things without even thinking about the impact of their words.

• Obsession is when your every thought revolves around that one person. You become so fixated about a person that it starts to interfere with your everyday life... I wouldn't consider you to be in that category

• Maybe she's jealous?