Is there a way to block text messages?

My ex keeps calling and now is texting me, it's been almost 2 months since I broke up with him, I auto rejected his number, but is there a way to do same with text? I never responded or answered this whole time he's tried contacting me as I told him I didn't want any contact and he didn't listen. I'm now done with dealing with it. texting him to tell him to leave me alone will just make him text more because I reacted which is what he wants.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on your phones OS there is something called blacklisting or similar where it will block you from being notified from a certain phone number trying to contact you. It is a feature on the phone and not something you have to pay for.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can call your provider to see if there is an option.

I actually downloaded an app that worked like a charm. I got a free version since I only needed one person blocked. Don't recall which app it was, though. Google blocking apps and go for the free one with good reviews.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on your phone. With mine I can block texts and calls. If he's really bugging you, call your provider and ask your number too be changed.

• Just block his number and that should block his text mesaasges

• Thanks it's a good thing I did... He called 3 times after blocking his number

• They're are apps for your phone I used to use dead 2 me.

• did it make you Change your default message app

• No not at all. It just intercepts texts and calls. It does have a default setting where it basically texts someone that you don't want to talk to them. But you can turn it off. No drama.

• thanks

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not sure if it depends on the network you use, but a while back i wanted to block a girl i knew from texting me. I could block her from being able to ring, but not receiving texts from her.

I downloaded a " text message blocker "app and it worked. You could try that, if that doesn't work you either have to find the willpower to not respond to his messages... in time he will give up or failing that , your only other option would be to change your number

• I use an App called Mr Number (and it's free!) .. It will block numbers and texts that you no longer wish to have contact with.. Mine is an android phone, so I have no idea at all whether it will work for yours.

• What kind of phone do you have? I have an iPhone and if I want to block a number after someone texts me, I go to that text > go up to "contact" in the right-hand corner > tap the little hi with the circle around it > go all the way down where it says "block this caller" and you will no longer be able to receive messages from them.

• Go to the phone's Settings.
    Select Privacy. You'll see there is a blacklist option in it. You should add the numbers which you want to block.
    You can choose whether you want to block judt text or calls too

• What if u once and for all deal wid him
    Hear him out
    Cz if u avoid he is chewing ur brains anyway !
    So face it I would say !!