GAG'ers, what is you weak spot? What touches you emotionally?

I don't mean your weak point, but really: what makes you feel like crying (from sadness or happyness) when you see it or do it?
Or what does you guy or girl need to say or do to give you that special feeling?
For me, it's probably that moment when I can really help someone out who was in trouble, and get that very warm thank you :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Children being hurt or taken advantage of. Just recently I've been working with two kids (twins) who were sexually and physically abused in their past. They're 7 years old and their biological parents prostituted them out for drug money. They're just so sweet and thinking about what happened and what they had to endure just breaks my heart. However, they are with a very loving family right now and I really love working with them and doing various activities with them to address their special needs (such as emotional dysregulation, PTSD, and anxiety from their past abuse).

Anyway, helping people in general sometimes makes me emotional. Lol I'm just a very emotional person all-around and I like doing good things and trying to help people in need. Being able to make a difference in someone's life is such a special thing to me.

• Yeah we definitely share the passion to help people.
      Unfortunately there was a Belgian/American story in the news here today you'll find shocking.
      A lady from Utah, working as a nanny for a family in Belgium, broke all four wrists of baby twins.
      She fled back to the USA, landing in Los Angeles and doing the same thing to twins in the USA. She was convicted there and has now been sent back to Belgium where she faces 5 years in jail.
      But the double drama has happened, unfortunately :o

• This one is so 110% true... MHO is all yours :D

• Well thank you! :)

What Girls Said 8

• Food.
    Give me my favourite food and I will cry tears of joy

• Seeing kids in poor a countries living terribly difficult lives that they don't deserve. And then seeing people who were given great opportunities to succeed take it for granted.

• Yeah, if you see what we call "waste", there's 50% perfectly reuseable stuff in there which is rather old fashioned than broken.
      And food we "do not like" would make half the world super happy :o

• Exactly! Don't even get me started on education.

• My weak spot is seeing someone hurt & in pain.

• Oh yeah me too... that's one reason why I learnt first aid. Gives me a better chance to be able to help :D

• Even if I knew first aid I don't think I would be able to do much.

• Because you would be too emotional?
      I've used my knowledge quite a few times. Fortunately, most were not life threatening :-)

• Animal abuse

• Human trafficking, world hunger, the environment, water conservation, and politics.

• Oh yeah, that's a big truth, this world is so unfair :-(

• Yeah it is. :(

We can still make it better. Whether our actions are big or small we can still do something to change the world for the better. :)

• Agree! Let's start with ourselves and give the good example :D

• I won't say it because it can be used against me :P

• Oh dear... I wouldn't use it against you but indeed if it's sensitive better to not say it in public :-)

• I think its when I see people helping the poor.

• Oh yeah me two... helping people in trouble is something I love to do :-)

• Food. Definitely food. When I see it, I wanna cry! It's my one weakness!!!

What Guys Said 10

• For me it is floating thing that hits usually unexpectally but might be stressed about things in background.

• I think I understand what you mean: unexpected events are the ones most likely to trigger emotion - is that what you mean?

• Yeah spot on description

• Animals in distress and/or animals being rescued.

I am not ashamed to say that I've cried like a big baby before when I saw a completely neglected, malnourished dog escape the clutches of death and flourish when it found a new, loving home.

• From a partner: when I really, truly feel like she's on my team. That gives me so much joy, it's almost inexplicable.

• Cheers to that, Hans! :) You're a great guy. :)

• You too mate :-)

• A child asking something.

• Especially when the kid is in trouble! Like children who are hungry or who need some "tender loving care" :-)

• My niece and nephew, other little cheerful kids, cute animals, a well composed emotional song.

• 0|0
    • Oh gosh, did you win the battle?

• @Ihav2fart

True, but he kept going on after it, like you said.
      That said I do like Oenomaeus.

• Yeah, I was a fan of Oenomaeus as well.

• A girl crying in my arms and asking for help

• I have to say food, bring me my favorite meal and I'll love you forever.

• When I see innocent and helpless people suffer.

• I can only confirm that... and unfortunately it's common :o

• The thing that make me cry of happiness is when I give something to the a poor old man and he say to me god bless and also I cry of sadness coz of this

• when i give away somethig, like i was walking while eating and there was a homless sitting infront of me.. he started at me, in sad way, i couldnt help but buy him food :) afterwards he cried, that made me emotionally, :)