Should I add sex to my romance story?

I'm writing a romantic story and I'm debating if I should put sex in it. I don't know.. What kind of love story would interest you?

• Put sex in it
  • Don't put sex in it

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a reason someone made the quote "Sex sells".
    People like excitement and sex is exciting.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, a romance story without that is better.

What Guys Said 3

• If you plan to sell the thing, put in the sex, otherwise you want to consider your audiene and wether the sex scene fits the flow of the narritive.

• No, I don't want to sell it. I'm just writing it for fun. It's just a hobby, not a career.

• Then try different approaches. Write the scene in several different ways then don't use the one you really really like (google "shoot your darlings" if you are unfamiliar with that writting concept).
      Its good excercise for the mind to do the same scene in different ways. Do say a fade to black style romance version, then a hard gritty ultra graphic version, then an erotica (all emotion and 'throbbing') version. Play with the ideas.
      A very good author once told me that the mark of a great writter is the ability to make stuff which you absolutely hate, seem compelling to the reader, and advised me to practice writting abot stuff which I found disgusting in a passionated and deep way. It certainly gave me a more nuenced view of the world.

• I could never do that. It's just not me. I want to write what (my) perfect love story would be. Not what society wants to read about. I won't change myself as an author or a person to fit into other people's standards. Thank you for your advice, but different strokes for different folks and I Sir, am a different folk.

• I don't know, I've found forbidden passion to be an interesting one to write about it allows you to incorporate a few different things into it, it was fun to write about it for me, and turned out pretty good.

• Adding sex will make it more passion and not adding sex will me it more like pure I don't know the expression lol

What Girls Said 4

• Sex because most romantic stories I've seen shy away from it which is aggravating.

• The sex coverage makes the story more enticing.

• If you want a bestseller, put exotic and extravagant sex in it.

• I prefer romance stories with sex in it