Is Mac OS really the BEST/Advanced Operating system?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, Windows is the most advanced operating system.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. Linux is fantastic and if you really know what you are doing Windows OS are pretty great too. There is a reason why techies love those two and hate Mac.

• Err well tbh Mac is Linux.

• @schnipdip Mac and Linux are both forms Unix but that doesn't make Mac OS the same as Linux by any stretch. They are two different OS

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 9

• Not at all... It is expensive maybe that's why people are interested in them. You can't play ANY game over it while you can play any game over windows. And people are saying; Mac is sooooo safe... If you are a careful user; ur pc will be always the safest pc ;)

• I love windows and I tried the Mac OS back in school and it was a pain in the ass xD but if you love it go on ahead don't let me stop you lol

• I think Linux is becoming mainstream now. Distros like Ubuntu are updated regularly and there are no backward compatibility issues like with Windows. Mac OS is reputedly good, but I have very limited experience with it.

• Ew, no. Windows is.

Mainly Windows 7, although Windows 10 might be better when it comes out.

• Definitely NOT. Linux can run on any MAC or PC. I hate MAC OS.

• Better than windows. Thats what I know.

• Hhahah omg you make me laugh XD MAC IOS is a Linux distro. You can buy the os for $20. And no, Mac sucks. Especially compared to Microsoft with dealing with network engineering.

• Nice joke.

• Lmao it's not XD you don't see "Mac" being used in any business environment, unless it's for design. My laptop can run 16 virtual environments. Low end for small application use each. Never the less I could essentially run an entire network from my laptop if I wanted.

Sure linux has it's benefits. However, for professional use linux is inferior. Unless you have a ton of time to write scripts and program everything yourself, then go for it. In business though they want everything done ASAP. The sooner the better. On top of that you get licensed support from Microsoft. And a lot of network applications perform better on Windows.

In my book, windows wins.

• is it even still around? its expensive and doesn't have much software, yea i want that

• I personally like apples set up better.