What do you think of this feature request?

Dear GaG,

I have a feature request. Currently it's impossible tell whether someone has blocked you or not until after you hit the 'Send' button. This is quite a waste of time. That wordy reply you just wrote is now completely useless!

Some kind of cue that indicates you're blocked by that user *before* you start typing a response would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Remonster

• Good suggestion
  • Not a good suggestion

Most Helpful Girl

• @GirlsAskGuys please please please

• I already e-mailed them a few days ago with this suggestion. They said they'd take it into consideration. However it may very well be they say the same to any decent suggestion. But that's just the pessimist in me talking.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, this happens to me more often than I care to admit... People don't like me very much here

• It's pretty funny to the person who blocked you. It's like they hit you with a "fuck you" twice.

• Yes its a great suggestion

• A better idea would be to maybe stop doing shit that would cause others to want to block you lol

Sorry, I don't really have much sympathy.

• But sometimes people just block you cause they disagree with you though...

• People don't always use the block-feature for what it is intended for. If someone blocks me merely for having a different opinion, does that mean I am in the wrong? No way.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, there has been times when I write almost the max amount of letters and then when I click send I'm told they've blocked me, it sucks.
    They should tell you once you hit the comment button.

• I like that just an indication whether you can send or not - Same for when you write an opinion comment in the opinion box

• Yeap, that too. I hope it will come under serious consideration because I believe it would be a nice usability enhancement.

• I agree! I do have some people here that have blocked me.

It would be good to have a banner saying you're blocked, in place of the typing box and the send button.