Women, you prefer modern feminised men or more traditional masculine men? Men, you prefer modern masculinized women or traditional feminine women?

Western society is attempting the adroganise the sexes, this means what making what was/is considered masculine done more by women and what was/is considered considered feminine done more by men.

Western women are as a whole more masculine and less feminine than ever.

Western men are as a whole more feminine and less masculine than ever.

This is not about whether that's right or wrong, or whether you think gender roles are primarily social or biological, so save the rants for someone who cares.

SO WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

• Traditional Masculine Men/Traditional Feminine Women
  • Modern Feminized Men/Modern Masculinized Women

Most Helpful Girl

• Traditionally masculine please. For the love of everything good, give me a muscular man over a fuckin' pussy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Always will be traditional, will always prefer traditional.

What Girls Said 21

• I think calling modern men feminized and modern women masculinized is hyperbolic. Gender roles have changed, as they should, and people are adapting. Also, fewer people are feeling pressued to hide who they are to satisfy incredibly rigid gender norms.

• Gender roles make sense you wanna lift up a 150lb. Box go ahead you wanna rotate tires on a car go ahead. You wanna reach a high shelf when your 5 foot 2 and a guy is 6 foot 2 go ahead.

• A stronger person lifting a heavy box or a taller person grabbing something high up isn't about gender roles, that's just llain utility. As for rotating my tires, I can and do do that myself. I also know how to change my own oil. But my boyfriend enjoys doing that stuff so I let him, but I wouldn't be any less attracted to him if he didn't. He also enjoys cooking whereas I enjoy doing gardening / yard work. It's ok if people enjoy doing things that align with traditional gender roles, but it's equally ok to like things that don't. And I prefer men who don't let themselves be stuck in a rigid and limiting gender box. My boyfriend is in touch with his emotions and I don't think that makes him feminine - I think it makes him human and far, far more attractive than generic macho men.

• I don't like only two options here. I like being traditional as much as I like living in our modern world. There are benefits for my husband and I in both. And really, he is very masculine, whatever that means, and I'm feminine whatever that means, but we are very much partners in so many ways, sharing responsibilities with almost everything. So in our situation, neither of us are androgenized, we look and talk to each other just as any traditional male/female couple but with modern responsibilities to make our household work. Where was that option?

• I prefer traditionally masculine men.

• I prefer someone in between, I want a nice guy who doesn't let people walk all over him.

I think some of the standards that are placed on men and women because of their gender is ridiculous and it's not attempting to reverse the roles, it should be about letting people be people.

Who are you or anyone else to tell someone they aren't masculine or feminine enough to be who they are, it's not really your business or anyone elses, let people be.

• I was thinking about adding a 'in the middle option', but I want a dichotomy for some black and white contrast.

"it's not attempting to reverse the roles" I didn't say it was, if you read what I wrote you'd see I was talking about androgyny, that's not reversing the roles, it's removing them. Notice how I say Feminized and Masculinized, not feminine and masculine for the modern options.

• I'm tired of explaining myself, use your imagination.

• Well I can see you're obviously busy, I mean with all the replies you got for your question and the obvious interest in it... so don't let someone who is actually interested in it, bother you, my mistake...

• Gender roles are just another way to be lazy and limit yourself. With gender roles you can just say "oh I don't have to try ___ it's a man's job!" or "___ is for women only I don't have to do that!" it's childish. I was raised in a family that fixes up old cars so I know how to fix my car when I need to, my boyfriend doesn't know much about cars. I am a terrible cook but my boyfriend is fantastic because he practiced so much cooking for his little sisters. According to gender roles we should be eating my shitty cooking and letting him fuck up our cars beyond repair because he has no clue what to do with them! I'd rather just live by logic and not rigid gender roles, I think focusing on individual talents makes more sense than lumping everyone into stereotypes.

• I believe this qustion was more directed at social behavior and how you look, than who cooks and fixes cars, but you got a good point.

• I don't even know what that means.

• Burly hunks or justin Bieber bitches your choice.

• Come back! Disregard the tool part

• Justin Bieber is pretty burly... I think he's on steroids :/ he's not exactly the kind of submissive guy you seem to have such a hatred for, he's an asshole though by all accounts and I wouldn't want to have anything to do with him he's got a disgusting personality haha

• I don't really know. I don't consider myself a traditional woman even though I'm into a lot of traditional things.
    I just like a cool guy. I don't really care whether he's masculine of feminine as long as he's awesome.
    If he's masculine that's completely awesome but i don't want him to have traditional masculine ideas like ongoing to stay home or stuff like that.
    And it's cool if he's feminine I just don't want him to completely lean on me. I want it to be a shared effort.

• It's actually pretty nice having a guy treat me like a lady. Open a door for me, treat me to dinner. It feels good when your man makes you feel extra special. I always reciprocate of course and I like to treat my boyfriend to lunch or if I go somewhere maybe I'll pick up a little something for him just to let him know that I'm thinking about him. Feminist views can sometimes be a little askew, I think. Treating someone with love and affection is genderless. So yeah I like a manly man. I like a gentleman. I like a man who knows how to make woman feel like she's the best thing ever. I hope that didn't come off too much like a rant. If it did... well that's too damn bad. :P Have a great summer! :) Blessed be!

• I prefer feminized men. Guys who can joke about themselves and are not afraid of being seen as gay. Guys who take care of their skin and body.

• You guys can thumbs me down all you can, won't make you more attractive to me.

• the men thumbed you down because they don't like the idea of personal hygiene, they are too lazy to take care of themselves like adults!

• Lololo si si

• I prefer normal men, who are themselves and don't cater to these silly notions of masculinity or any propaganda about what they "should" be like.

• I'm all for society changing so people can act how they want, but I'll always prefer women who are traditionally feminine. I think there's an element of biology to it, as you say.

• I hate aman who thimks he has to do everything for me. I feel as if he's trying to stop me growing as a person so he can feel strong. I also hate women who feel men need to do everything for them. it to me looks like sexual slavery

• I don't know. I feel like my boyfriend is a mix of both. So I couldn't pick either or.

• I like the idea of people having the opportunity to be themselves, instead of being bound by some weird rigid social construct, so I voted modern.

• its not all a social construct a lot of it has to do with ones characteristics of their sex, but yes a lot of it is gender and its norms

• I like how some traditional guys can be gentlemen, but at the same time I'm more into feminine looking guys.

• I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like either. A really feminine man wouldn't be attractive, but the traditional man would probably have a lot of rules and standards that I wouldn't want to live with. So I'd like a modern masculine guy.

• I find this interesting because I feel like more men like traditional feminine while more female like modern feminine men.

• But i like a bit of both, just because he is traditionally masculine or intouch with his primal side doesn't mean he isn't emotional. Stop generalizing masculinity with being emotionless. Nothing wrong with norms of the sexes or genders if it works for that persons relationship.

• Why not both?

• Traditional masculine men FOR SURE. Im not going to bait your hook for you- haha. No girly men.

• I prefer modern men... it means they treat me as an equal!!! human being, but physically I prefer them with some hair in their face...

• modern is better.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think that's what's happening.. People are just not caring about following traditional gender roles. Society isn't expecting a certain role out of men or women nowadays. There will always be traditionally masculine men and traditionally feminine women just like there will be modernized masculine men and modernized feminine women. Gender roles have always shifted and changed with the flow of time.

• You have some case for women becoming more masculine, at least by comparison to the standards of the previous two hundred years but I see very few men who are becoming feminized any more than there always were. Men are just adapting to the world as it is.

And Western society isn't attempting anything, it doesn't have a will or a purpose. The phrase 'Western Society' describes a phenomenon not a creature.

• Oh and I prefer the way women are now, much better.

• The world has changed, and neither of these stereotypes can still be comon in such a changed world. There aren't many of 'traditional'men or women around, and who knows what 'modern' men and women will be like? It's silly to assume women will be 'masculinized' or men 'feminized.''

It's a lot more complex than that... those don't accurately reflect modern social conditions, imao

• I actually don't agree with this notion that "men are becoming more feminine and women are becoming more masculine." I agree a lot of "Gender roles" are being abolished but this doesn't mean each gender is acting like the other.

With that being said, to I prefer more modernized, "masculinized" women. What I actually mean, is I think tomboys are more attractive than the stereotypical "girly girl." I like a girl who is into sports, isn't afraid to play rough and is confident in herself.

But I think gender roles are ignorant and should have never been around in the first place. I just don't think a lack of gender roles means each gender is acting like the other.

• I said tradition feminine women, while a lot of the time when people read that they think weak and submissive I think they're wrong, we've had civilisations come and go before our time where women fought a long side men in fierce conflicts for the rights and sovereignty of their nation.

All that is strong and brave does not exclusively comprise masculinity just as all that is empathetic and kind does not exclusively comprise femininity.

There are also masculine and feminine characteristics which are not necessarily virtues but look more attractive on one gender than on another.

• It's best when you're a mix of both.

• well, i prefer feminine women... but they dont need to be traditional. In some ways I'd prefer it if they weren't

• I don't prefer either. I want her to be the way she wants to be, no matter what that is.

• I like feminine girls and my girlfriend like feminine guys.

• Neither. I prefer someone who doesn't shove themselves into a box labeled "boy/girl" but someones who's comfortable being who they are. That can be a strong guy that can pull of cooking and singing or a beautiful girl who can make guys in the gym look like weak children.

So either/or is my answer.

• I'd go for modern. I despise traditional gender roles. I'm the exact opposite of traditional.

• Traditional feminine women.

• Definitely traditional.

• It doesn't matter if they are social, biological, or a combination, people with traditional traits should not be made to feel that they are "opressing" people any more than people with non traditional traits should be made to feel that they are "immoral."