How should you tell your boss to not hire a certain person?

My boss is looking for kitchen staff at the restaurant I work at. My friend's/coworker's older brother applied there and is getting an interview on Monday. I have met him b4 and while he is a somewhat okay guy, he certainly is not someone I think would be a good addition to our current team, in my opinion. I just can't see him getting along with my current coworkers and doing all of the procedure. How do you tell this to your boss? Should I say something b4 or after the interview?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask to talk to your boss and tell him your concerns. Tell him you know it's not your decision but you couldn't just forget about it with a clean concious.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can tell your boss, "I know somebody who you are interviewing. If you want me to tell you about him, just let me know."

What Girls Said 1

• Well... If your boss knows you know him or the guy mentions you hopefully he will ask you and then there you go but be tactful and don't make it personal.

If your boss doesn't ask you I honestly do t honk you should say anything. From the details above it sounds like you are just speculating which isn't fair. If he is bad it won't work out and the problem will solve itself. But you could also be wrong, people tha t are kinda sucky in their personal life can be great workers and take their job very seriously. If he has a record of not performing well in kitchen jobs or not showing up for shifts that is another thing.

What Guys Said 1

• its not your place to tell that to your boss. if you and your boss dont get along great, he might even see it as a bad thing you did, badmouthing other people and what not. if you and your boss get a long great, just mention that you know him, or tell it in a way that your boss asks you what you think of him. and even then, i wouldn't say he sucks... i would say something like you mention like 'he might not be the right person for us' or so. the certain person, will still come for work to see how it is, and now your boss will keep a closer eye on him. but it still has to be your bosses decision.
    not do be a dick, but your an employee, your not payed to think. thats just how it is... and unless you're really good friends with your boss, thats how you're going to be treated

• I ended up keeping my mouth shut, just instinctively, how he performs is completely not up to me.