What do you do when you are really upset?

My day was really bad. For me.. It's hard to hold back tears. I cry easily... So, when I couldn't deal with it anymore. I went in the washroom and cried. When I got back to work. One of my co worker noticed my bloodshot eyes and asked me what happened? Which means... I got unwanted attention from people. It sucks

Anyway..., do you like to be left alone or you need someone to talk to?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I'm upset I like to be left alone to read a book or play a video game to calm down and relax my thoughts. When I get REALLY upset like back when my mom had cancer, I just ran until I couldn't feel feelings anymore.. I ran until my body hurt so much that I had to focus on that instead of negative feelings. I wouldn't suggest this because it's kind of unhealthy lol

I usually don't share my feelings when I'm upset. I'm the type of person who internalizes that stuff and tries to figure it out on my own.

• I'm so sorry.. Is your Mum okay now?
      I'm the kind of person who can never hide feelings and it sucks. When I'm at home, I read or listen to music do distract my thought s.
      But if I'm very sad, angry at someone, upset, I just start crying. It makes me feel stupid

Running? Damn I'm not good at it xD

• Nah we all have things that make us upset so I don't consider myself tougher than anyone else. Thanks for the compliment though.

• Thanks for MH.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the situation. I don't like crying in public so I'll definitely go somewhere like the bathroom to let it out. I'm kind of a noisy cryer tho so sometimes even that doesn't stop people from asking. More times than not I just deal with it alone. I listen to music or write. Then there are a few times that I actually need to talk it out with someone.

What Guys Said 14

• When I am really upset I listen to music to suit my mood. I like someone to talk to but it has to be someone that understands and cares. I am sorry you had such a bad day. You can message me if you would like to chat and get it off your chest.

• Thank you so much! It's about my ex... He's been harassing me. I don't think you'd want to hear about it :/

• I don't mind hearing you out. If it is bothering you just private message me if you want. You are welcome to but if you don't want to I respect that to.

• When I'm really upset I like to be left alone to listen to happy songs to calm me down and cheer me up or a sad song to help me cry depending on why I'm upset.
    Happy song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruvdb0Dg1zo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFtpDXpPrtY
    Sad Song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7j3S1xXipM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvo0g4dl0xE

• Depends on why I'm upset and the situation I'm in. Generally grit my teeth and get down to what needs doing.

• You're tough...

• I wouldn't know about that but I am in control. My emotions don't get the better of me. They don't keep me from thinking.

• That's a really thing. Wish I was like you

• stop think about it for a few mins if i can't do anything i about it i tell myself that it is what it is and i can't do anything about it i just have to let it happen if i can do something about i will some people are just better at dealing with these types of things don't feel bad if you can't most people won't judge you for it just do what you gotta do to get past it

• You sure? I fear most people would think I'm stupid or something cause I cry easily...

• while i think it helps your a girl people are more understanding and willing to help when they see a woman crying your a emotional person there is nothing wrong with that personally i don't really mind it and its not like it can be easily changed and no i don't think people will think your stupid honestly i think the ones who care will care like your friends and family and the ones who don't won't like strangers i don't think most people put that much thought into it and if they do screw em! just be you

• Thank you so much!!

• Personally i go to one of my most trusted friends, someone i have a close bomd with. She always knows how to calm me down.

• I always need someone to talk to. If a girl wanted to talk to me, I'd let her. I don't want to hurt her feelings because girls always like to talk to someone who is feeling very hurt. I understand your pain @Genie23. Pray that God will wake the others up and let them notice you when you have a problem. I always need someone to talk to.

• Thank you so much, bro <3

• I'm always here for you. Keep putting your trust and faith in Jesus. Ask Him that you will have hope in the future. The Internet can't do that. Especially loneliness, suicide, and pornography. Those won't bring you hope. Jesus will. I'm a Christian man and we can work things out with our faith and trust in Jesus.

• it depends on the situation. Like after my doctors appointment the other day, everyone kept asking me questions about it, I just didn't want to think about what the doctor told me. So I ran into my room and cried into my pillow for a good ten minutes. Afterwards everyone just left me alone. But if something silly stressed me out I like to vent to someone

• I keep a bottle of visine in my drawer at work, I have a puff when things get really stressful so I put a couple of drops in before I re-enter the office and nobody is any the wiser.

• I would have taken immediate action against those guys! Dont be upset, be brave and do What is Best for Business !

• You should listen to music and think about the best times you had in your life and goto sleep

• I do that... But what should I do in office? It's difficult to control my tears. Ugh

• Office... umm okay... You can always try to keep a smile on your face... just fake it till you make it.

• well i can tell you my sure shot way of relieving stress, sadness and tension, and trust me it works : Firstly, you need to be alone
    Secondly, you will need some fine cigars ( not cigarettes ) if possible 1) Cohiba Esplendido, 2) Cohiba Behike (2 is my personal favourite & both 1 and 2 are Cuban cigars), 3) Gurkha Black Dragon (the most expensive cigar in the world i myself have smoked just 4 of them ), and the more commonly used 4) Stradavarius & 5) Louixs [ 4 & 5 are less expensive and are easily available ]
    Thirdly, Music of your preference in the background and a dimly lighted room
    Fourthly, a nice drink preferably Single malt Scotch or any drink you find soothing even if its not alcoholic and some snacks
    Fifth, and the most important for the next 2 hrs give a F*** off to the rest of the world and indulge yourself to some pampering
    TO ME THIS CAN BRIGHTEN UP EVEN THE SADDEST OF MY DAYS AND TRUST ME I KNOW I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM MY COUNTRY AND LONELY FOR A LONG TIME @Genie23

• I don't smoke...

• I know cigars are not cigarettes 😂 But I just don't like both :/

• ok no probs its just that iam a enthusiast on cigars i absolutely love those things... but iam not addicted to it i smoke a max of 5 cigars a month never more than that ------- Smoking kills something i have been noticing in every cigarette pack in india ever since i came back :P

• I hope you feel better now!!

I would like to be alone on such moments.

• some times you need to be alone

• I would ask complicated_soul to make meh sumthing spicy 😋

What Girls Said 9

• It depends on how I feel whether I want to be alone or talk to someone.
    Usually my tears are accompanied by anger (not hurt).

• I'm too emotional and sometimes when I'm angry towards someone, I'd cry, makes me feel so stupid for doing so. Usually I'd prefer to be left alone when I'm crying, because if you comfort me or hug me, it'd make me cry more (I guess I'm just weird lol). After I'm done crying I'm usually over it because I've never talked to anyone regarding all my troubles, I've kept it to myself all along. I hate unwanted attention or sympathies from others.

• Lol! No, you're not weird at all. You should read ny comments on other's answer. Even I feel stupid when I cry and I cry harder when someone hugs me... Damn, Kay!!! You're just likr me 😳😳 I guess, we are long lost sisters 🙉🙈🙊

• The sisters have now finally reunited xD 😂
      I often cry over silly things which is why I feel so stupid 😣😳

• Lol. That's cute xD

• i like to be left alone for a bit, then i need to talk to someone and vent out. After venting out i feel better.

• I... have a very hard time actually displaying emotions or reactions. If I've really had a shit time, contact and cuddling makes things better, but it's seldom an option. I just kinda bottle things up and don't react. If it's really bad, I'll run off to the woods or somewhere else secluded and just try and calm down.

• LOL we have a lot in common. But I hate the fact I cry really easily. Hmm I keep to myself when I'm upset. I read or sometimes I listen to sad Indian love songs. Other times I pray.

• I prefer if someone hugs me. Otherwise, I want to be left alone.

• I drop them F Bombs.

• I dont cry , just take a breath deeply and i want to be alone

• When I'm really upset, I usually listen to songs that would make me cry and put me to sleep.