If a college degree does not get you the job you want, you should get a refund?

BUT it's impossible since the health care bill was passed, another hidden bill was passed also. It allowed the government to take control of 98% of the loans.

Do people know they can't file for bankruptcy if it's a government loan? Even if you get your Social Security, the government will still go after you. there's an old saying in prison, Criminals will most likely get away from crime than tax evasion, why? Government money that's why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because everyone knows that a college degree alone doesn't guarantee a job. You'll need more than just a degree. A college degree means very little if you lack on the job experience and expertise. That's why it's important to set up some sort of internship prior to graduation. Also, a lot of campuses offer enrichment oppurtunities, entry level job fairs and training programs. It's important to take advantage of all of that.

However, there are degrees that you're ALMOST guaranteed a job in, such as Nursing. There was a shortage of nurses back in 06 in my area and a lot of young adults were going into nursing programs at many community colleges and pursuing a bachelors later on. The good thing about going into the medical field, is that you know that many people stray away from it because of how challenging the schooling is. Yes, nursing school is VERY tough, BUT the oppurtunities are endless and the salary is great. Nursing is one of those fields where you'd only need a BSN (bacholars in science of Nursing) to make a good 80K around where I live, whereas some degrees you'll need a masters degree to make that much. Really, it's more about being wise about what major you pick. Be prepared if you choose majors in social sciences, because you'd always need to continue your education if you do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say no... this is why doing research into the field you want to enter matters!

Engineering, hard science (biology, chemistry), mathematics, health care and education...
    ...
    ...
    ... all have the best turnout in terms of getting a job after college.

• If that were true, I would not see YouTube videos of people burning their degrees and confessions of why college is a waste of time. Google even said that it doesn't care about degrees anymore. Programming and computer science was a ticket to Google, now it's not. I remember when Java programming was a class major, now elementary school teachers teach it! Why hire a programmer when their is already a program that can program things and look for problems? Navy coremen use a program that can recommend certain medicines to patients by just typing symptoms and such. General health doctors? Out of the picture.

• Well yeah you make a point... but odds of the above courses of studies are higher odds to find a job, than in the social sciences and humanities.

What Girls Said 4

• I go to college because it gives my life meaning and helps improve my social opportunities and personal growth attributes. I do not care if I never do anything useful with my degree - I still think the experiences, personal growth and relationships that I build is worth the time I spent in college.

• No. You should choose your major according to your potential job opportunities in the future. If you choose to major in the Arts, for instance, you significantly decrease your odds of getting a good paying job in the future.

• You got your money's worth of education and it's no one's fault. So no, you should not get a refund just because you didn't get the job you wanted. Should have thought about that while you chose your major. If it's a good field with job openings in demand than something will open up. If it was something dumb that almost no one makes money with it's your fault.

• No one ever said a degree gets you a job. A degree is just credentials. Just because you come out of college with a degree doesn't mean you should automatically get the job you want. That's not how life works.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, government money that's why. But I don't agree with the refund, you didn't get the job but you don't lose the knowledge you got.

• No you should not get refunded. A degree doesn't automatically get you a job, your personality and work habit is the main factor.

If you get a degree in something prestigious then you better be at the top of your class if you are looking to land that 100k+ salary.

Also most people get worthless degrees that offer basically no other options.

• The govt hhad to save the student loans because too many weren't paid back.

• You just don't answer the calls when they call you Loll

• Good point! Seeing how student loan debt is the highest form of debt!