What do you like about epic/medieval style fantasy?

Stuff like Lord of the Rings, Dungeons & Dragons, World of Warcraft, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• How different it is to modern society. Futuristic stuff is like now but with more tech. High fantasy is always different, even though it can still be bureaucratic. Magic can also be a lot more interesting than tech and aliens. As well as the whole swords and knights of honour thing. The architecture is also more interesting. High fantasy can also often include stuff relating to gods and champions and heroes which is more interesting than sci-fi heroes, and I'm a Classics student so gods, champions and good old fashioned quests and monsters appeal to me :)

What Girls Said 1

• I like the culture of it

What Guys Said 4

• Things that invoke the imagination are more fun to me than the sameness and plainness of things ground in reality.

Plus, you know, swords are cooler than guns.

• I like the brutality, if someone pisses you off just run them through with a lance and be done with them!

• Lord of the rings is my favorite. i know so much about it. Medieval style fantasies are the best.

• Its not my favorite but I know some people that are into it.