I want to find a good song to make a cover of?

I've done songs on my own just for fun and I have all the recording stuff. I want a good challenge in recording a cover of something.
I play drums/guitar/and bass, and I have a friend who has a pretty great singing voice. Problem is that he has a very pop sounding voice (if I had to relate it someone it'd be like a Justin Timberlake sound) and I listen to a lot of rock. His voice wouldn't fit in anything too heavy.

What's a cool song I could make a cover of?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• If you want to sell music I know that works of literature over 50 years old - are not considered copyrighted material. You should do research to find out which songs are considered non-copyrighted due to old age and then create a cd using those songs that you like, maybe blending 2 or 3 songs together so you can say it was YOUR idea. Maybe ask an intellectual property lawyer. I believe here in Canada lawyers have to give you 20 - 30 minutes of free consultation if you ask them for help.

• 0|0
  • Snuff the rooster is a good song c:

What Guys Said 3

• Something heavy. Anthrax.

• Cover some Steel Panther lol! Cover "Like Tiger Woods" or "Party like tomorrow is the end of the World."

• Hmmm... ddoes it matter, I mean doing a cover gives you the freedom to twerk and do it in your style. Just cause your friend sounds. like jt don't mean you can't cover a rock song... bbe open minded