What does (filler) mean?

I always thought it meant that they were going to explain in a comment but I haven't actually seen anyone explain after writing that, so I'm confused.

0|0
4|7

Most Helpful Guy

• You need a minimum amount of letters for your comment to get posted, so if what you're trying to say doesn't reach that limit, you just add "filler" to get to the minimum.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Here it just means filling space to get over minimun reply comment length.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you type a response, you need a minimum amount of characters in order for it to let you post. If people just say somehting like "lol" or the post a link or something, they have to meet that requirement so they put (filler) to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because GAG requires a certain amount of characters before an opinion or comment will be posted

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was to fill in the ten character minimum.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the ooinion is to short so they use something to take uo space, hence 'filler'

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go to someone's question, try to write one word and post it, watch what happens. That's why they write "filler"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Doesn't mean anything. Since you can't replay with just "no" or other short words. Saying *filler* helps fill in the extra letters that your missing. So you can send your comment.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really couldn't figure that out on your own? That's so sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • They need to fill it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Answer too short

0|0
    0|0