What does (filler) mean?

I always thought it meant that they were going to explain in a comment but I haven't actually seen anyone explain after writing that, so I'm confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need a minimum amount of letters for your comment to get posted, so if what you're trying to say doesn't reach that limit, you just add "filler" to get to the minimum.

What Guys Said 6

• Here it just means filling space to get over minimun reply comment length.

• When you type a response, you need a minimum amount of characters in order for it to let you post. If people just say somehting like "lol" or the post a link or something, they have to meet that requirement so they put (filler) to do that.

• Because GAG requires a certain amount of characters before an opinion or comment will be posted

• I thought it was to fill in the ten character minimum.

• When the ooinion is to short so they use something to take uo space, hence 'filler'

• Just go to someone's question, try to write one word and post it, watch what happens. That's why they write "filler"

What Girls Said 4

• Doesn't mean anything. Since you can't replay with just "no" or other short words. Saying *filler* helps fill in the extra letters that your missing. So you can send your comment.

• You really couldn't figure that out on your own? That's so sad.

• They need to fill it up.

• Answer too short