Is 5'7 short for a guy?

Okay so im asking because a lot of guys on here are always like "Im only 5'7. Boohoo why am i so short? there's no hope for me!!111!!!111"
But i grew up with both my brothers being around 5'7 so i always thought that was average. And then everyone would always talk about how tall my dad was, who was 6'0.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'8" and I feel short compared to most guys. Average height in the U. S. is 5'9.5" so...

Luckily, the average height for girls is 5'4", so even though I'm relatively short for a guy, there are still plenty of girls shorter than me.

• Since I'm 5'5 I'm above average

Hehehe lmao

• Yeah, but I'd still see you as short, cause you're a few inches shorter than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'9 is the average height for a fully grown man.

5'7 is slightly below average.
    Just like 5'3 would be considered (short) for a woman because 5'5 is the average height.

What Guys Said 3

• It's less than average. I'm about the same. Average U. S. male height is around 5' 10".

• Yeah thats short. Shorter than 5'10 is short for dudes

• f , im the one who posted that poll lol. im just asking what females are into. that's why i poll.

What Girls Said 3

• I knew man of different heights, 5'7'' is not the shortest I met.
    My husband is 5'6.5'' (not even 5'7''). He is shorter than most of his friends, but I don't understand why it matters? Everyone seems to be putting an unhealthy amount of importance to their physical appearance... This website is filled with insecure people.

• honestly I'm 5'6 and my ex boyfriend was around 5'8 so like its no big deal! Just find the right person

• That's not short and if the person hates the fact they are "only 5'7" they should buy those male shoes with pumps in them I'm not sure what they're called exactly