Women can either take the initative or the traditional route when it comes to dating without it really effecting them unlike men. Agree?

Women can either approach or wait to be approached without it possibly effecting their dating life unlike men, who could wait to get approached, asked out, a date paying their way, etc but not without it effecting their dating lives in a negative way. A woman can make more $ than a guy, and still wouldn't have to pay on a date. It seems like everyone forgot (most likely purposely) that the reason why traditional dating was the way it is is because back in the past, most women couldn't afford to pay and most women didn't work jobs that paid good or they didn't work and were house wives/keepers, so guys had to pay because they were the only ones that had some disposable income unlike women. I know most of you on GaG will try to say that what I'm saying isn't true but oh well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering I've never even been on a date... I HATE when people pay stuff for me. The only people I allow to do that are my parents and even then I try to keep my mother from paying for my food. I'm someone who is fine with splitting the bill, paying my own bill, or even paying for the whole thing. I'm weird, but I don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are the unfair double standards of life. It's something we all have to deal with. I know it sucks, but there isn't much you can do about it. You can't even complain about it on here without the women getting butt-hurt and giving you a bunch of downvotes.
    Most women hate that truth that they give into unfair double standards. But unless you have a plan to make them change we just have to life with it.

Or move to a country where women aren't like that, like Sweden where women always pay their half of a dinner.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• If you want your date to pay her part, just say so. It's not rocket science. Most girls don't mind, because times have changed and they've changed with it, unlike what you seem to believe. I know more than a few couples where the girl makes more money than her boyfriend and it causes no problem in the relationship.

• Whatever you say diarrhea mouth

• Well they also paid because it was the gentlemanly thing to do, personally I opt for the traditional route. I always have paid and probably always will, and I honestly don't mind doing it.

• Exactly why would waiting to be approached be hurtful for a man's dating life?
    I have nothing more to say on this, the subject you mentioned has already been discussed over and over: Both should pay occasionally. Or split it.
    PS: I'm starting to feel like all the people who end their questions with "None of you will agree, but oh well" are just trolls.

• I've had women ask me out lots of times. It's not usually, "can I take you to dinner?" more like, "would you like to go see a movie?" but they are asking not me.