How do some of you struggle with confusion between 'You're' and 'your'?

Guys, i honestly cannot emphasize on how you can one miss such a thing?

I struggle to understand the confusion reason being that You're has an apostrophe serving as a contraction between You Are.

Your however is a possesive pronoun...

If you do find that you struggle with these homophones, feel free to explain anonymously because i really want to know the reason behind this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tell you what doesn't help, autocorrect. It makes people very very lazy when it comes to literacy.

People do not always understand that an apostrophe means it is an abbreviation, such as its (belonging to something) and it's (for it is).

Them and then is what really irks me. They are different words. They do not mean the same thing, much like people saying pacific instead of specific. One is a fucking ocean the other a word used to describe something clear cut or definite.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I have no idea. English is not even my native language and I've never mixed it up. People must be extremely lazy then to not make themselves understandable.

• I have no idea how people get them mixed up. It's so simple.

• It bothers me too.

• It's never been an issue for me. Though I've noticed it's common for people to get confused between you're and your.

• Sometimes it's a typo. :p
    Otherwise, no confusions for me.

• Typo? really?

Your You're... you have to type something wrong 3 times in a row to actually make that mistake... 😂

You have TRY to typo this out 😂

• When I type fast, I don't notice it.

• I only notice one or two people do this, and get "their" "there" "they're" wrong. It's not like everyone on g@g is doing this.

• I can be lazy so i don't care if i used 'your' instead of 'you're'.

• okay but you still ARE aware of the differences and functions of the different words right?

• I don't answer Nazis.

• You just did tho 😂

• That's still understandable. what about those who struggle with loose and lose? How ridiculous is that? You always read something like this ---->
    I loose my virginity...
    My answer to that is, if you don't know the difference between lose and loose you shouldn't be losing your virginity!!!

• okay?

Okay fine that problem i can understand because there's no punctuation to indicate which words serves as which function for people who have difficulties.

• Haha, that annoys me too! Think of noose and loose people.

What Guys Said 3

• A rule of thumb I was taught in elementary school was if you can replace "your" in a sentence with "you are" and it still makes sense, then you should be using "you're." And let's not get started on it's/its, their/there/they're, and to/too/two. It's a special kind of laziness/inattentiveness that I've noticed as computers (especially smart phones) have become more prevalent. Sometimes I can chalk it up as a simple spelling error, but some people seem to be absolutely clueless that there are differences between the words.

• Some people have the IQ of a carrot, unfortunately. That's their problem though.
    If does annoy me a little too tbh. I feel obligated to correct them. 😂

• Sometimes it's just autocorrect.

• most times... it's not :(

• It is when it happens to me, so I incline to forbearance.