Does the future scare you?

It's a pretty broad question i'm asking, but thinking about the future and what it can hold, does it scare you a bit?

Honestly, on a serious note, I am quite scared where the future may lead me. I do hope it leads me to more success and happiness, but life is full of complications and obstacles.. ughhhh

Most Helpful Guy

• It did when I was your age. Not really so much anymore, now that I'm finally somewhat successful and stable. Still lots obstacles and hurdles to jump, though. You just get a lot better at it over time.

• ughh i'm actually dreading it. one moment you have it all then BAM its all gone. I guess taking it on as it goes huh?

• No problem. Good luck, you'll be just fine. =^.^=

• thank you ^^*

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone fears the unknown. This is normal. What is troublesome to me is that fear of the unknown often prevents us from reaching our full potential. It's foolish, to me, to fear where my live will take me without even attempting to direct it where I want to go.

• Agree completely

• what opinion owner said was spot on @hookingswan. How college is going to help you with your future (you doing medicine)

• @ opinion owner sorry for spamming this comment of yours

@hookingswan the same here. People are losing there jobs a lot here and apparently for our generation it will be mere impossible to own a house :( but stay positive I guess. Being able to see what jobs are needed in the future will benefit you. I heard nursing homes are in desperate need of people. But no one wants to work there because it's so depressing.

What Guys Said 13

• I think we all go through that feeling and the truth is we never know how life pans out, but i always remember this saying "expectations reduce joy" ... like when you expect thing in your life to work out in a certain way and they don't it can really be upsetting... try to focus on the now (current day) in small steps. Sometimes we get scared of the future because subconsciously we have this built up picture in our brains of how we want to be in the future... like i must have a good career... and must find mr. right... i must have this and that... so naturally this reduces the joy in your life... i'm not saying just go with the flow but take it in small steps and you'll be surprised in the end

• I do like to do things in the now and in the future. I don't really live from my past. But you do make a very good point. Taking small steps one at a time and hopefully things will work out better that why.. plus it will be less stressful.. thank you :)

• thank you!

• my pleasure :)

• It has, for a long time, but now tbh I'm more idgaf about it. I don't want to worry needlessly. I'd rather enjoy the present and then deal with whatever crap comes my way in due course, to an extent, anyway.

• Yeah I agree, I guess we shouldn't worry about what will happen in the future if it's not going to happen yet or not going to happen at all.

• Lol you gals are just chillin' :D

• Hehe yeah pretty much lol 😎

• Yeah home girl... i think so
    Right now i have the most inconsistent job
    i work like twice a week

I am nervous about the fall semester...
    there is a lot of uncertainty in my life

• When you get a more stable and better paying job you may feel a bit relieved you know. Just make sure you know what you want to do and keep that thought in focus yeah.. You'll be fine PiuPiu, you're smart

• When i go back to university i will have a better job
      i am trying to figue out what i want to do right now :/
      but as soon as i know for sure... i am going for it

• that sounds like a good start to getting ready for the future PiuPiu! good luck :)

• Here's how I feel about the future...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_AejDc1fA

• Yeah, it does. We'll run out of oil, we'll be facing more IS like violence and terrorism, who knows what Putin is up to...
    And while the Earth is warming up, who knows what will be the next natural disaster :o

• Scare me? Not really. Disappointing? Absolutely! Very! We have such a crappy country controlled by the worst government in the world. We need to clean our government up of crap.

• The government is only part of it Chris, which kind of sucks balls because you can really take them down

• I wouldn't say stupid, I would either say brain washed or not properly informed lol

• Brainwashed or stupid.

• Naaah. I know the future's not gonna bring me joy or happiness, but at least i know what to expect. You fear what you don't know, i know what's coming for me.

• aww don't say that! Why don't you think the future will bring you joy or happiness?

• Yeah, i'm sitting in my room waiting for it :D

• LOL! oh geez :')

• I don't do things according to the future.

I like to live in the present and do some productive things that help me now

• That does make sense. But does it worry you? The future in general?

• thank you :) you did by making me eliminate what i don't need to think about at this very moment.

• Your welcome.☺

• Im mostly excited about the future but i just try to live in the moment so i dont really think about it.

• Just want to say that, Life is a race. If you dont run fast, someone would crush you under their feets.

• It doesn't scare me a bit. It scares me a lot.

• No not all, i am positive about and hopefully it will be positive :)

• very optimistic! I am, but I think it just dawned on me

• That's very true. God dammit lol but thank you

• it is ok :)

• No scare but depresses me though.

What Girls Said 12

• Yes and no. More like no than yes, but yeah, it does scare me a tiny bit.

I mean, the thing that scares me is that it will be nothing like how I want it to be, that I won't find happiness, that things won't work out, it won't get better, that I'll be miserable.

But I'm not really THAT scared, cause although there's a possibility for what I mentioned above happening, I don't think it's super likely, I don't think it can get much worse for me. Currently I feel like I can only go uphill for where I am now. So, the future actually kinda excites me, I can't wait to see what it has in store for me.

• *FROM where I am now

• I can see where your coming from. I think being positive about the future can be fortunate for some. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel for everyone

• Yes it does. I'm a worrier so I'm constantly thinking about my future and just the future of the world in general.

• I'm nervous about it, but also scared too. I don't know if I'd be able to achieve my dreams and tick off my bucket list and find my own happiness. I used to be very determined when it comes to my ambition, but I guess as time passed, I'm not really sure if I could achieve it. :/ Even tomorrow scares the shit out of me. I'm teaching the piano and I work at the pizza shop on the weekends, it's freaking tiring sometmes I wish I could just fast forward time to the future and need not go through all these troubles. 😔

• Aww *hugs* sometimes doing things like this help us learn better and prepare us for whatever may happen in the future. Who knows you can be a very famous pianist or own your own restaurant :)

• I'm in Perth aka the boring city ever lol 😳

• Perth! I lived in Perth for 6 months lol like 4 years ago!

• Yes it does.

A few days ago i posted a simmilar question to urs. U can see it here and also get to know a bit of my past experience with these kinds of feelings:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1593311-anyonelse-experienced-a-fear-for-the-future-when-they-got-into

Hope it can in someway help

• umm. a little.. sometimes..

• Sometimes? I think its good to dwell upon it sweetpea, but like you just sometimes only :)

• i do think about whether i m gonna be successful and loved or not.. but too much thinking can lead to stress..

• you're right, a lot of overthinking can lead to that.. stress

• does the future scare me? its a bit of both tbh..

• Scared and nervous.. Yes :/

• things not looking like what you expected?

• True ;o Thanks for the encouraging words <3

• you're welcome dear friend <3

• yes and no!

I'm close to graduation and looking for jobs, and all that stuff makes me doubt myself, maybe I'm too young to graduate, I hope people don't underestimate me because of my age.

• Never! You are just ahead of everyone :) be blessed babe :) while everyone was at school focusing it, at the age of 16 I skipped school a lot to go look for work. I worked in a cafe/restaurant for 3 years while everyone worked as a cashier or at a fast food place.

• It scares me in regards of nature... what will be left?

And me myself... Not scared at all, If I work hard, I'll succeed

• i agree. the nature of it, just sounds daunting at this point..

• I like sharks... But I hope they'll still be around, because some people love to eat those fins -.-

• You are still very young. Don't fret.

• I guess I like to be able to set myself up for the future, so i don't need to worry about such things. I tell myself i have the energy to do things (being young) so if i work really hard now, it will be ok when i'm a lot older in time.

• You'll still look young.

• I'm scared a little but mostly excited to see what my future will look like :D <3

• hmm not really... between yes and no. but i'm trying to enjoy my time and my life.

• that sounds more like it :) just enjoying the time and life you have currently.