Is it okay to assume people drink (alcohol) because they think it's 'cool'?

Everyone I know who likes to drink alcohol say's they 'do it for fun' which they all have the personality type to do what's 'popular' and trending.

now for an outsider who doesn't drink or take drugs (me) I think it's weird that people get 'drunk' to have fun even though drugs would probably be 1000X funner

taking a small does of magic mushrooms would probably make you see some vivid hallucinations and that's sounds fun as hell concidered to drinking.

so is it safe to assume these people are boring as hell? They drink because they think its cool and too blinded too see what actual fun is?

Most Helpful Girl

• only idiots would think it's cool to drink

What Girls Said 2

• Well first off you need a good drug guy, which is hard to find. And those are illegal while alcohol isn't, so it's legal fun.
    I drink because I think it tastes good. I don't drink much when I'm out at parties so that I'm safe. But I drink a lot when I'm with my dad because he likes making mixed cocktails and they're delicious.

• Mushrooms are fun and interesting but you have to do them with people you trust. Alcohol can be a entertainment enhancer but it just mostly makes me feel sick. I prefer green. You shouldn't have to get high or drunk to have fun though.

What Guys Said 2

• No I do it because I'm an alcoholic.

chronicle.com/.../Alcohol1.jpg

• No? Getting drunk can definitely be fun.
    That's not to say I don't prefer most other drugs but that's just me.
    I have a friend who drinks constantly and loves alcohol a million times more than any other drug.