Can someone explain what anxiety is?

0|0
3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Feeling uncomfortable, scared or nervous towards something/someone/a situation..

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Anxiety is a feeling of fear , nervousness , worry and unease. It's normal to feel so in certain situations , but when that feeling becomes constant or is easily triggered by irrational reasons , it becomes a disorder and one can also experience Anxiety or Panic Attacks which seems the case with your friend. I suffer from Anxiety as well , trust me it's one of the most terrible things in life that can affect the way you behave and think in a negative and deep way , so never belittle what they are going through , they really need help. You have to encourage them to visit a psychotherapist. Anxiety can drive someone to the point of hating their life , Anxiety isn't fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is horrible and terrible and not something that you want ever in your life. Quite often when you have anxiety you get anxiety attacks with are not fun, trust me.

1|0
    0|0
    • What's an Anxiety attack?

• Oh god ok it's like a moment where you have a sudden attack of crippling fear (can be out of the blue) and your breathing becomes fast and irregular, you break out in cold sweat, you get pins an needles across your whole body, you feel like you're suffocating or trapped and your thoughts become dark and depressed.

What Guys Said 1

• It's when the nerves in part of your brain ( the amygdala) are firing more often than they should. It can just be a chemical imbalance or the way you are wired up or can be the result of trauma or experiences. It can be temporary or a permanent part of your character.

1|0
    0|0