Is there such a thing as a Buddhist-Christian?

Because i'm a catholic but I hate the religion, I just believe in God and Jesus. But Buddhism looks interesting and inviting. Is there such a thing as doing both?

• Yes
  • Possibly (explain)
  • No (but? Explain?)

Most Helpful Girl

• Possibly. You could combine aspects of the two religions, though I think that Christianity has a rule about only following the one religion, worshiping one idol and that kind of thing.

• Yeah what I mean is like worshipping God in the way Buddhists do to Buddha

• I see. Okay thank you :)

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 7

• Is possible to love your parents and someone else parents as well. Whereas the parents whom you found interest in may or may not be for you. Id say if itll strengthen you spiritually then go for it. If it teaches you worship another then just soak the knowledge that Buddhist bring and get insight.

• Nothing wrong with adopting Buddhist methadology such as meditation without the religious connotation. Certain aspects line up well with early christian thought... The catholic part is the awkward bit. Since catholoscism is more about the methodology and the narrow perspective... might want to consider yourself just a theist (believe in some form of God but the rest is negotiable). It's not like the labels matter if you arnt going to actually subscribe to the methof of worship anyway.

• I can trace my martial arts lineage to the Shaolin Grand Elders, I know more about Buddhism than the hipster anti-Jesus kids in this country. It has some interesting philosophies but it is nowhere as good as it seems, trust me. There are a lot of Buddhists going around killing and raping children and all kinds of fucked up shit that makes those Catholic child molestors look like Saints.

• No if we are talking about it officially. .. But who cares, just believe what you want to believe. Take all the good from other religion and live with the creed you think is right

• buddhistic teachings don´t conflict with any other religion. that´s what makes it special.

• I'm also a Christian interested in Buddhism

• That would be conflicting since Buddhists don't believe in any God

• And Buddha is not a god. Do your research first

• No as in I worship God but in the way Buddhists worship.

What Girls Said 4

• I was brought up to be catholic and i admit i disagree with somethings that it teaches. I do think it is possible to find another branch of Christianity or convert to another religion altogether. However i don't think following two religions at once in order to pick and chose the parts you prefer is the right thing to do. Worship a greater being in whichevr way you feel you can relate to most, but remember all ways of life have both pros and cons. :) good luck Aquariusmystery !

• You can believe in anything you want to believe in. No one but you can dictate that.

• No... either you're a Christian or you're a Buddhist.
    You can try seeing what Budism is all about and then make your choice...
    Or maybe go for both and see...

But I've never heard of someone doing two religions and defining themselves that way. I've heard of people searching for a better suiting religion or people taking something out of many religions - but then they don't define themselves by whichever religions they follow... they say they are open to many options.

• No as in I want to worship God in the way Buddhists do. I've seen so many sexist and homophobic references and I hate the Catholic beliefs.

• So you just want to be a Buddhist?
      Well then what's with the Christian thing at all?

• no.. it is not a piece of clothing that you can change easily.. look into both and pick one