Has feminism reached a new low?

"As I write this, my children are asleep in their room, Loretta Lynn is on the stereo, and my wife is out on a date with a man named Paulo. It’s her second date this week; her fourth this month so far. If it goes like the others, she’ll come home in the middle of the night, crawl into bed beside me, and tell me all about how she and Paulo had sex. I won’t explode with anger or seethe with resentment. I’ll tell her it’s a hot story and I’m glad she had fun. It’s hot because she’s excited, and I’m glad because I’m a feminist..."
http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

Is this a new low for feminism?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't read the article but cuckold isn't really a feminism thing. Isn't that a kinky thing that some couples are just into.

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism is slowly taking men's balls away... People need to wake up at what this has caused!

What Girls Said 10

• I don't see how this story relates to feminists, this is more about a polyamorous lady and her husband. Feminists ask for equal rights, it has nothing to do with the number of men she is with...

• Lol... Open relationships/marriages aren't exclusive to feminism. They aren't related.

• what the fuck? what the hell is this

• Feminism doesn't mean that you go and sleep with a bunch of different guys. It just means that everyone has equal rights. I don't see how feminism has anything to do with the story at all.

• The article is about feminism

• Cause he is motivated by feminism, like he said

• I think it's odd that he related it to that. It's about an open marriage. You don't have to be a feminist to want an open marriage. I'm a feminist and I definitely don't want an open marriage. I can see why he would say he likes it because she enjoys it, and I'm glad that he respects how she feels (the only place I can see that feminism could even pop up in there), but I don't think that it should have been titled "What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism."

• Why is open marriage so abhorrent to you if it works for them? Would you rather they divorced or secretly cheated on each other?

• This is a funny troll. Finally some new material 😆

• Yes I don't count that as feminism I count that as adultery and a man who has been conditioned to think it's okay

• Propaganda. That's what you're doing here.

• Yeah totally and I just robbed a bank cause Feminism.
    Seriously dude, that was his own decision, Feminism can't make you do anything.

• yes, it has...

What Guys Said 8

• Why blame feminism for this guy's choices? Just because he says he's a feminist doesn't mean that's what it stands for, are you completely retarded? He's in an open marriage so he's free to have sex with any other woman he wants as well.

• He says feminism is why he did it. Are you a retard who can't read?

• I don't know why being a feminist has to make you do stuff that you don't want, and be with someone who you don't like what she's doing.
    If I were a feminist I still wouldn't let my wife sleep with other men, and if she wants to do that I'll get a divorce asap.

• Frankly this guy is an idiot. This is on him. He is too much of a pussy to leave his wife because of the kids or whatever reason. Look, as men and as women we need to set boundaries and reqiewments before marriage. If the other person is not okay with it the they need to split. The man or wo-man in this case who wrote this is not being realistic. If his wife gets pregnant by another man then he will be forced to pay for said child. This has a lot to do with feminism because women are told that they should be more independent and that no man should control them. That nice but no man should except this. If it was the other way around the man would be considered a deadbeat loser, a mosogynist, wife beater. Whatever name feminists can come up with. It's messed up but feminism is actually pushing men and women away from eachother. Feminisn is the perfect example of women wanting the benefits of being a man but not the responsibilities. Out!

• No this is called being a fucking pussy
    or
    as stereotypes call it "GETTING WHIPPED"

• no, that guy is just a wimp

• Feminism reaches a new low daily,
    let me know when it stops sinking.

• haha what is this nonsense? Open marriage? Whats the point of getting married if you need to be open, better just develop that from the start. If you actually read it, the guy is getting suckered. He has a right to ask for monogamy from his partner as a requirement for being with her, if she isn't ok with it then he needs to find someone who will love him and only him. I don't even see how modern day marriage can EVER be linked to patriarchy in north america. A woman can leave your ass for any reason especially if she's got the will and way. There is some innate thing to us as human beings that makes us want a partner and its not tied to marriage but something more primal from our very ancestry. I think this dude just had to come to grips with the fact that his wife wants to F other dudes but still be with him and he's gambling that she doesn't find someone better than him... no way in hell could I do it. Dedicating to finding an amazing person that fits with you needs to be something we do more of