You've created revolutionary technology that is incredibly dangerous, but also highly profitable. Would you reveal your creation to the world?

Question is in the title. You could stand to become a billionaire if you reveal your discovery to the world. However, in doing so, many people's lives will most certainly be lost from the grieveous misuse of your technology.

Or, knowing this, do you choose to destroy your technology, along with your chances of becoming a billionaire, knowing that the world is a little safer in doing so?

• A - Yes, I would reveal it to the world and become rich.
  • B - No, I would destroy the technology.
Hypothetical example: Nanomachines. Machines so small, they can enter a person's bloodstream and remove a blood clot, or, if you wanted to, create one, all without a trace. Infecting a person, or another machine, would be as easy as easy as inhaling air or allowing dust to settle on a machine. It would be nearly impossible to defend against or detect.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I want to save the world from money and greed, not put it at risk for a profit.

Most Helpful Guy

• A.
    What destroyed millions also is responsible for the massive technological development we have seen for the last 80 years or so.
    I'm talking about the second world war, and the cold war.

So what if i destroy some lives, but in turn pave the way to greater development?

• Hm, interesting viewpoint.

• i know. I mean, most tech we use nowadays were either created during ww2 for military equipment, during the cold war for military equipment, or for the apollop program. Some of it is also created by NASA for other projects.

So yeah, without them we'd be stuck in the past

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 7

• Probably not...

1. I don't lIke attention

2. I'd be content with 25 million, there's nothing I actually want that I'd need a billion dollars to afford.

3. If my invention ended up destroying/severely damaging civilization then my billion dollars would essentially be worthless.

4. Anyone who survived would hate me and likely want to torture me

too many cons

• What is it? A technology to eliminate all idiots? Sure I will make it and distribute it with 0 zero cost 😂😂

• I'd destroy the world then there would be no one left to misuse my technology.

www.atomicarchive.com/Effects/Images/WE12.jpg

• Voted A. Sue me.

• Science will solve all of our problems once it advances enough. So, the faster, the better. I wouldn't sell it, though. I'd gift it.

• no - - - - -

• I would reveal it, it isn't my fault people misuse it