Why is having a father in your life important?

I have to write a speech on what problems matter in the world and out of everything i thought of i narrowed it down to father's being absent from their child's lives. But I need reasons for why they shiuld ve in their lives. I don't have this problemand I'm bot very well versed but it is a problem. Help me?

• Having a father in your life is important
  • Having a father in your life isn't important

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny how so many woman disregard men and their fathers
    It's in the poll and scary tbh
    I don't know if that has to do with the quality of men or the lack of appreciation for a strong father figure

My father died when I was 7 years old, so I didn't have a father to set an example for me to follow

As a man I wish my father could teach me things, encourage me to play sports and help my mother through all her struggles and bestow certain lessons and values on what it means to be a good man
    I have had to figure those things out on my own

I think a father is the pillar of a household
    He is supposed to uphold the values and standards he and his wife desire

I think the mother is like a foundation
    She supports the pillar and makes sure her family stays in shape and sure footed

Most Helpful Girl

• If the father is involved in the kid's life, then yes.

Fathers can be a great role model, does his best to provide for his child, teaches valuable lessons , etc. Having that father/daughter or father and son bond is something amazing.

He will always be there for you, support you, help you recognize right or wrong, etc.

But if the father is not involved in the kid's life then it is the same as being absent.

What Guys Said 7

• Reason you need a father in your life so he can teach to drive a car
    do things with you and you need to know all things there is about a father
    like does his family have any illnesses you can inherit a girl would like a
    father to walk her down the aisle when she gets married , A girl wants a
    father so a guy can ask him for her hand in marriage but this is not
    necessary

• Reasons to have a father in your life:

1) Girls from fatherless homes undergo puberty earlier than girls from traditional homes. Early puberty is associated with numerous undesirable health outcomes. In nature, a longer development time leads to better cognitive skills.

2) Boys from fatherless homes have a higher likelihood of displaying violent/criminal behavior, even when factors like income and race are controlled for. This tendency even shows up in other cognitively advanced species: When male African elephants grew up without older male elephants, they became irrationally aggressive, and started committing random acts of violence.

3) Parents are happier when they're in a stable marriage.

• I love my dad and I fins it important because we do stuff that guys like to do together, play sports together, go camping, and I can talk to him about most things.

• Fatherlessness is the single biggest indicator of problems in adulthood (drug addiction, incarceration, homelessness, suicide), more than race, socioeconomic status, education, and everything else.

• I ain't never met my dad but im fine. It might of helped sometimes to have him but im glad he ain't around

• I think it's important because father's give you love on a different way then a mother

• not important. men are cancer

What Girls Said 5

• I have a great father and it's important he is in my life:

I know his family
    I know our family tree
    I know his morals, virtues, life direction, goals, ambitions, habits, qualities, traits
    He provides me with a male role model
    He can show and tell me first hand how men are
    He shows me how men treat women by how he treats my mum
    He shows me what bravery and courage are from a male perspective

Those are just some things I can think of right now.

• What's important is having at least one supportive parent. I have an absent father and could care less.

• Children have 2 mother's and turn out fine.

• I understand that but im talking about father figures

• I know what you are talking about but they grow up without a father figure just fine... I think as long as a child has a parent/parents who love them the gender doesn't matter

• A positive male role model is imperative in everyone's one, it;s just much easier have a father play that role.

• I don't know.
    Depends on the individual.