Guys, What types of perfume and scents turn you on?

The question says it all but give specifics please? Thanks

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I've only tried a few -- Swiss Arabian Givaudan (unisex attar, not cologne version) smells nice -- more or less like rose/ sandalwood or something similar. Instyle, Old Spice, Bod etc. might not be bad for a cheap brand of cologne. Other than that, I like these Essential/Perfume oils -- Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Rose/ Geranium, Ylang Ylang/ Jasmine, Cardamom, Frankincense. I've also heard good reviews about designer fragrances like: Creed Aventus (for men), La nuit de l'Homme (for men), Chanel No. 5 (for women), but haven't smelled any of these. The ones I didn't like the smell of -- Axe, Physical woman, some other cheap colognes with strong alcohol smell. Also, not a very big fan of citrus and fruity smells (but, I don't dislike them either). Anyway, are you looking to buy any? You can probably see You tube for cheap good smelling ones (there are a lot many suggestions from people who have tried), check their fragrance profiles at Fragrantica website and order small sample vials from ebay or elsewhere before buying in larger bottles.

What Guys Said 13

• All men are different in this respect. This is all I can tell you because men don't usually sit around with other men discussing perfumes. The best people to ask are other women. I believe you will find that men of different generations have different tastes in this area. My own, very humble opinion is that men learn to like scents based on their earliest experiences with women. I still love the scent of a certain perfume because my first real girlfriend wore it often and it used to really turn me on. Still, it was the woman who turned me no, the perfume was the icing on the cake, so to speak.
    SO -= my answer is look to other women for this one.

• Guys dont generally get turned on by specific smells unless it is an asociation they have built up (thanks to an ex who baked whenever she was horney I now associate the smell of fresh Welsh-Cakes with sex... fun!) perfume is historically more about covering smells (such as rather stinky stuff used to clean cloths, and BO from wearing heavy cloths for long periods)... and that women like to smell nice. For guys you would probably be better off just going with antipersperant and nothing else, that way he can still get a good wiff of pheramones.
    Honestly just pick something which isn't too strong and that makes YOU feel sexy.

• When girls wear White Musk by The Body Shop. O my gosh turns me on so much because the girl smells so good. It makes me want her so bad. ;)

• Honestly, a girl having no perfume turns me on.
    While I try to block out the smells, there are a few that I've smelled before that I can tolerate, but they're usually really light in fragrance and she isn't wearing a lot at all.
    Fruity perfumes are a HUGE turn off. I subconsciously will avoid women that smell like that.
    Perfume, for me, will be more likely to be a turn off than a turn on.

• Various flowers like roses, vanilla, cinnamon etc things like that.

I enjoy perfumes like Elixir of Love from Caswell Massey they smell really nice an classy on a lady.

• Perfume doesn't turn me on, it just smells good. Other guys might turned on because of you're perfume.

• nothing that smells bitter or like chemicals, you know what stuff i mean. i like stuff that smells fruity and nice.

• Nothing has turned me on yet, but I really like Jasmine.

• Gucci Guilty & Alien (by Thierry Mugler) & Diesel Loverdose

• Lotion OMG!

• Lavender, orange, stuff that smells sweet and good

• Really fruity smelling shampoo. I just love the smell of a girl when she's just showered bc they all use that super fruity stuff

• None. In fact there's a bigger chance it'll be a turn off.