What do you think of this quote?

“Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
-Albert Einstein

So do you believe this is true? Why or why not?

What do you think of this quote?

Most Helpful Guy

• obviously not all the time but I think it's often true.

Guys generally try to find the perfect woman before choosing to commit and wishes she would stay the same (especially her looks).

Girls often want a project with potential so that she can get the warm feeling that she changed him, or he changed just for her.

What Girls Said 7

• "Women marry men with the hope they will never change. Men marry women in hopes they never see when they might change or to be able to get away When... They do Actually change.
    With high hopes or No hopes, Both dopes, it seems a battle of the sexes and even with exes to get on the same page To... Dance to the same looney tune.
    -Paris Nichols

• lol... Einstein should stick to the brains of what he knows best and it certainly was never Relationships for a man who never was married or had a girlfriend and wore the same clothes every day. xx

• I think this is somewhat true. Partly because I think men mature later than women so therefore women expect them to grow up a little. Men usually fall in love with how their woman is as is and doesn't want them to change. They don't want them to become the bossy nagging mom. They want the fun loving girl they first fell in love with. And women don't want their guy to always be obsessed with playing video games and partying with his friends.

• Lol! True. Most women marry guys hoping they'll become more responsible, romantic and give her more attention.
    But, I wouldn't want my guy to change. I would accept all his flaws... Cause, hey nobody's perfect ;) :p

• True but it doesn't apply to me. I wouldn't marry someone with the hope that theyd change. I don't wanna be changed so why bother.

• I would you want the partner to change... you chose him for who he is, why would you want him to change...

Awesome elivator dance by the way

• Because a lot of times girls choose to see the possibility of greatness. It's where the whole "I can change the bad boy" reference came from.

• Ah yes that dance is epic :P

• I will look for nice guys. If he's a bad guy, I'll leave him

• I don't think girls say yes to any boyfriend willing to marry her, thinking they can work on those 'projects' later or you wouldn't see so many videos of girls running away from public marriage proposals. Not to mention the turned down private proposals that nobody knows of. My aunt told me she turned down several proposals from her then boyfriend now husband.
    Projects as boyfriends are not prefered, but okay. Projects as husband is a very bad idea.

• Mutual feelings then, tho some guys don't really need to change, whereas some women sure do!

What Guys Said 2

• I must say, I agree with this for the most part.

I agree because of personal experience. Men will marry what they perceive is the "perfect" girl but then they find out the woman changes (especially in looks.) I also noticed men get "sick" of hearing their wives nag in their latter years.

On the other hand, women marry a man who they think they can "tame" or "change" for the better but they find out it's impossible and you "can't teach an old dog new tricks." It's a mess.

This could be why there are so many divorces.

• i would say truth, too many guys marry with woman because of what they were before, too many girls marry thinking the partner will suddenly become responsable and ultra romantic