What's the best way to save money?

I have a bad spending habit
i don't have any bills
so what's the best way to save
should I take out 100 and only have that for 2 weeks? And leave my card at home

Most Helpful Guy

• This is what I do and you can make your own opinion on it. No matter how much money I make, I give 10% to church/charity/anything. Then I split the rest 45% + 45% into savings and spending.
    Works pretty well, been doing it since I was like 9

• Why would I ever donate money that I earn

• I'm not going to get into this on how corrupt charities are

• I never said you had to do it, I said that's what I do

Most Helpful Girl

• Save 80% of your paycheck and spend 20%. That way when ur spending the 20% u dont feel guilty. That's something I do and it works well for me.
    (And dont even THINK of spending any of the 80%! Be really firm until it becomes a habit to not touch it)

If you're unemployed and trying to save. Thats easy too. Dont buy things unless u really need them. For example, I love nail polish, lipstick etc. but when I was unemployed I only bought lipstick, nail polish, etc when I was completely out of it versus when I'm working I buy three different shades of lipstick, two different color nail polish etc all at once. so stuff like that is what I mean.

What Guys Said 2

• Spend after what you save. Not save after you have spent :)

• Yes, putting some aside is good.

What Girls Said 2

• Cash is usually harder to spend than a card. Put money into an account you can't take it out of.

• dont eat out and stay home as much as you can/