Do you think p*rn is bad?

so, I begun to watch p*rn about 2 years ago everyday and the first 1 and 1/2 year was normal nothing happend, but when i got a lot of weird fetishes since normal p*rn waa not satisfying me anymore.. so i watched really f*cked up p*rn and then i saw sex as something dirty, something filthy and disgusting and it made me insane, i started to believe that every human who has had sex is filthy and got no feelings, no emotions nothing, like an empty body shell, not capable of love or any other emotions especially people who have a lot of sex are no humans for me anymore, I'll go to a therapist soon and I'm trying to stop watching it, do you think it's the fault of p* rn that i ended up like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it the fault of McDonald's if people who eat there 3 meals a day get fat? No.

Porn may have been a catalyst, but if it seriously exposed mental issues for you, then you already had those issues, and they would have come out eventually. Most people who watch porn can keep it in perspective. Clearly you can't, and while that might not be your fault (for whatever reason, you lack the mental tools or perspective to do so), it's something you have to deal with, just like some people are born with a disability, are genetically overweight, or whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I realize that I will get much hate for this, but yes, I think porn is bad. It can be extremely addicting and leave many negative side effects in relationships. It's perfectly easy to have a great sex life without it.

• Everything is better in moderation though I don't think it will always ruin a relationship though.

• Hmm yeah, but as far as the addiction thing goes you could become addicted to anything. I personally wouldn't' watch porn if I had a partner to be honest I just think that's stupid, my best guess is that those men who are in relationships are watching porn because they are not happy with their relationship with their partner so it probably wouldn't have worked out either way. But guys who watch porn who are alone I mean that is their only way to get some relief is by masturbating cause not all men can get a women or at least a woman they desire so porn is a way to escape from all of that.

• @blondfrog I would assume from the guys on here that most of them watch porn before they're ever in a relationship, not as a result of a bad relationship. Also, I believe porn is significantly more addicting than most everyday activities and things. On a level similar to drugs.

What Guys Said 11

• Anything in excess can be harmful, and porn is no exception.

Personally, I wonder about long term psychological and physiological effects, and I don't watch as a result.

• No it can be bad if you like watch it everyday everything is better in moderation. And rarely what you see in porn people do in real life even some of the sex postilions forget about the weird fetishes , goldenshower, poop, Brazilian fart porn, etc. lmao.

• you were addicted to porn...
    i practiced No fap... for months and cleansed myself i seldom watch porn now and when i do i am not watching some crazy orgy with a bunch of anal stuff, i watch basic things

• If you are going to a therapist to stop the porn addiction if course it affected you...

I only watch whenever i need it and only once.. or twice

• It's not a healthy lifestyle and can be bad

• Ever see those old chic's comics where little Susie goes trick or treating, and comes back a full-blown devil-worshipper, and it's all contrived, alarmist, and fucking (literally) unbelievable?

• It's sex, let them do what they want.

• nah.. its normal that you get turned on.. but porn is all about fucking not making love

• No its all in your sick little mind.

• I think the part about you thinking sex is flithy and shameful, is because your parents and other role models taught you taht way when you were young.

In almost every American household, the word 'sex' is a "bad word". And that's something that needs to change, because its the very reason so many people end up like you.

I don't think it has anything to do with the porn.

• Yes, I do. And I'm guilty of it.

What Girls Said 5

• I pretty much agree with MrOracle.

You need to take it in strides. I don't see how porn could have done that to you, honestly. I think those thoughts of yours were already there. I mean, I watch porn almost every night, but I've never felt that way.

• Typical symptoms of porn addiction. You get so hooked on it, at some point it's not enjoyable any more and you start hating yourself and other people who partake in the acts you are sick of watch... At least that would be my explanation.

• No it is not porn's fault that you feel like this. Your mind simply couldn't handle the extreme types of porn.

Like the old adage, too much of something is not good for you. It's healthy to masturbation, but it's important to do it in moderation.

Try to limit masturbating to once a week.

It's good that you're seeing a therapist. I hope you feel better hun!

• I think porn is great! it gets me through some lonely nights. i love it!

• it is poison