Why do u think Pluto isn't a planet?

Let's see the smartness :PP

IF SOMEONE SAID BECAUSE HE IS A DOG I AM GONNA BLOW HIS HEAD UP

Most Helpful Guy

• Pluto is considered a dwarf planet instead of a planet for the following reasons:

1) It has next to no atmosphere making it more like an asteroid or a moon in that regard

2) The plane of its orbit differs from the rest of the planets which share a common plane.

3) Most importantly, there are a substantial number of objects in solar orbit beyond Pluto's orbit that are of similar scale to Pluto. If Pluto is a planet, then these are planets too. How many objects lie in this belt is open to debate and interpretation. Some may be large asteroids. Nothing is as large as a planet, unless you include Pluto, in which case, there may be as many as 200 or more additional "planets" in solar orbit. Basically, if Pluto was all alone, then calling it a planet was reasonable. But since Pluto seems to be bringing so many "friends" to the planetary mixer, it's best to just revoke it's ticket and call it a dwarf planet.

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 8

• Technically Pluto is what is known as a dwarf planet but what makes a planet, a planet is its size and location in space. Pluto is really small, thus doesn't fit the size for what scientists consider a planet, and it's location is not right for a planet either, planets like pluto are also known as plutoids which are dwarf planets that are farther out in space than the planet Neptune.

• RESPECT my friend

• @frogsbae I just assumed you were being a smart ass I obviously didn't take that part seriously.

• Well OK then bye baby

• 1|2
  • they tell us it is not a planet, but is a dwarf planet. A dwarf planet would be a type of planet, specifically a dwarf planet. Since it is a type of planet, it is a planet. Scientists be strange.

• If Pluto is a planet, there are a lot of planets

cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/.../071415notplanets.jpg

• Cause of Uranus

• I guess it's too small and people don't find it important enough lol

• Because it is too small to meet the size requirement to be a planet. Hence it is a dwarf planet.

• ... Cause scientists get paid to do stupid stuff and make it look/sound smart.