Is getting extremely depressed while becoming a teen or as a teen just a phase everyone goes through?

I've been extremely emotional for the past two years and I don't know why. It just started happening when I turned 12 and now I'm 14 and i feel like I'm getting worse. Does everybody go through this wanting to kill yourself phase?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was very sad in my teen years, now I'm happy as hell. A lot of people have crappy teen years then go on to live increadibly happy lives. I'm kind of glad that I went through that phase because it taught a lot about me and it makes me appreciate my life that much more.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is because people feel they are unloved and unwanted. Shouldn't have to be this way, but the feeling is common.

What Guys Said 2

• Not everyone no I have major depression disorder life gets easier to deal with it's rough the first few years not a doctor can't tell you if you are or not try to enjoy life as much as you can

• Not everyone but it's pretty normal for teens don't worry about it 😃

What Girls Said 5

• Not EVERYONE, but a lot of teens do. There are some lucky ones who don't.

I definitely went through that phase, tbh I'm kind of still in that phase, it's not as bad as it used to be, but I haven't gotten completely out of it either. But with years it usually gradually gets better, you just gotta survive through it.

• But I've only been feeling worse lately

• Well, you're only 14. You're gonna reach the lowest point of low eventually and then it's slowly gonna get better.

• you should go out.. and talk to people.. not everyone go through this phase but most do.. i still get very very sad sometimes.. and think stupid things... but don't worry.. this will pass as you grow

• yeah i was kind of a sad teen

• I think so. I did, though it happened for me during my freshman & sophomore year. I'm still kind of sad, but it's not as bad.

You should talk to someone about it. :)

• There is never any ups without any downs.