Why did the cat get mad at me?

so.. two cats were fighting, okay? and i threw a stone near them ( i didn't hurt them it was just to distract them so they would stop fighting)
one of the cat got mad at me, and 'tried' to bite me.
all i wanted was for them to stop fighting, why did the cat tried to bite me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well cats can be rebellious when they fight or i bet someone is not neutered or spayed because they do that too if it's two males fighting it can be over a female cat in heat and also it can be a male cat who isn't neutered and a female cat spayed and she is rejecting him i know all too well about cats hell i am so tired of seeing cats my cousin
    she has these cats here not fixed and one's old they both need a home and she
    wonders why she spends all her money on these cats and one time they want eat
    and next time they don't i am so tired.. hhahahaha

What Guys Said 8

• Probably thought you were attacking. Cat's natural defense is to bite and/or claw. And the cat was already ticked off.

• Lets ask Professor Snuffles.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/59976781.jpg

• This made my day. I am so happy :)

http://imgur.com/AjygVcl.jpg

• Uh you threw a stone near them that's why and cats when they are fighting are usually pretty pissed off, it doesn't take a lot for them to want to rip you to shreds.

• Because they were fighting... Probably having relationship issues... and you pissed off the female cat cause she thought you are gonna steal her boyfriend 😂😂😂

• Cats are evil! Haven't you watched the "cats & dogs" movie?

• Wish a cat would try n bite me, get these size 12's!

• cats are smart

What Girls Said 5

• Because it was already angry and you provided a new target for its anger. They're not entirely rational creatures, cats.

• Because it's a cat.. Cats are like that - and when they are fighting they are usually especially aggressive and pissed off oO

• It's like with a dog.
    I once had walked a friend's dog. But he's agressive towards a certain dog.
    I had it on a leash when it was agressive, but by trying to distract it, its rage turned on me for a second, and he tried to bite me.

So I guess it was just because I was there when he was already raging, the heat of the moment.
    Because that dog is the cutest thing when that other dog isn't around

• maybe the cat was trying to defend itself

• because you threw a rock at them.-. how would they know, you just wanted to distract them?