Girls, Is it unrealistic to want 1 hour of quality time every day after childbirth?

• Yes
    58% (28)
  • No
    42% (20)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Quality time for who? What are you calling quality time? Do you mean an hour to yourself or an hour with your wife? please elaborate.

But generally, yes, it is too much to ask when you have just had a baby. Did you think everyone was joking when they said you will get no time to yourself? They weren't. Having a child takes a LOT of time and more importantly - energy. You may have an hour spare but chances are you or the wife will want to be asleep or doing nothing.

What Girls Said 15

• well that depends on what quality time means to you and what quality time means to your wife...

If you mean sex, yes, highly unlikely.
    Cuddling up to each other and talking, probably possible, for minutes at a time

• I've never had kids, i don't particularly want to either. But friends of mine who have them had no time without the baby. When the baby slept they slept, and then they were together again. It's not that you cannot have or find free time, you just have to multi task i think... have sex in front of the baby? Otherwise i'd give it a couple of months so the baby isn't crazy dependent and you can hire a nanny.

• If you are talking about sex then yes its unrealistic and you should know why. As for other ways for being intimate it depends on your baby's sleep pattern which will determine when you and her will be able to get free time to rest or whatever, and if you are helping with the baby to reduce her stress and tiredness.

• Your wife may not even have time to shower some days, especially if the baby is rangy.

• That's why we remain child free. After you have children there's no such thing as "quality time", both are always tired and baby starts crying at random times.

• Are you talking about you and your husband?

• No, I am talking in general. That's how things are after having a baby, for most people. That's one of the reasons so many young people get a divorce after having a kid.

• I mean when you say "thats why we remain child free" do you personally chose to stay child free because of this

• Well no, Im sure the kid will respect your mommy and daddy time, and stop screaming for one whole hour.

• It's not unrealistic... just REALLY hard to achieve

• You can have your quality time when the child is sleeping (I doubt that a newborn will sleep log though). Or just take turns.

• I read your question wrong, I thought you meant time to yourself...

• What does that exactly mean: quality time? With your baby? On your own?

• Yes it is because the baby and its needs ALWAYS comes first.

• Yes it is. The baby's needs come first. Around 6 months- 1 year, they'll start sleeping through the night so then you and your wife will slowly gain some time after his bedtime.

• If you want it while the kid is crying, yes!

• Yes.. its a baby it need attention 24/7

• You sound like my hubby after I told him I was too tired and sore, that the doctor said I should obstain from sex for a few months until I heal a week after child care. The bastard wanted a second opinion from my dentist. Meaning he expects oral sex.

• Yes. The baby feeds every two hours. Im exhausted and very weepy.

• Are you serious? I hope this is just one little thing between you and your hubby and not really something he demands from you. WTF?

• I don't know, I don't have children.
    But I have to say that I never saw my ex boyfriends every day and I'm not sure if I had wanted to.