Why is Christianity real?

What's really irritating to me is African Gods are called "African mythologies." If they were never brought here, they would believe in the African Gods and they were basically forced to convert to Christianity which was stolen from Auset and Heru. Why isn't Christianity called a mythology when its story was basically stolen from religons before it? It saddens me that African Americans believe in a white Jesus when they have we have our own Gods that make so much more sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, actually. Although attempts at converting blacks slaves and native Americans in the United States was tried by all the major colonies it was largely unsuccessful. Most of the black people actually can into Christianity after they were freed as slaves and their numbers continued to rise well into the 30's and early 50's along with the sense of an equal black family. However, then the entirety of black society in America fell apart and with it took the traditional black family once democrats started using victimization alto get minorities to the polls in the 80's and 90's. And it continues on to today.

Not to mention, Traditional African religion has thousands if not hundreds of thousands of different sects and... well... religions. Unlike Europe which solely had Christianity (pretty much) after the forming of the nations Africa had to diverse a number of religions to be carried over as a common belief. However you can still see African gods coming in to play if you research some Caribbean forms of Christianity where "voodoo" and "spirits" or "ghosts" play a large role in day to day practice, even though not prescribed by the Bible.

Hope that sums it up for ya!

Most Helpful Girl

• because christianity isn't a story. it's not stolen. if u dont get that, u won't get anything else.

What Guys Said 6

• OMG THANK YOU. This is why I'm not Christian and this is always the biggest reason. I do lots of research into West African "mythology" for my art and it's actually very interesting. The sad thing is that blacks are generally more "Christian" than whites even. It saddens me.

• It really depends on who you ask, if someone worshiped a different God to me I definitely wouldn't call their God or religion "mythological".
    Maybe they're referring to ancient tribal religions.

Also some African Americans living in the US today descended from Muslim African slaves and were forced to adopt Christianity.

• Then what sexy half naked man would we worship?
    Who would have the big ole white gorgeous combed beard? Where's scooby doo?

• Because Jericho was on Nova and scientists can't explain how fire hotter than the sun melted its walls. Because we still have King Herod's census from where he went out killing all the male babies trying to get rid of Jesus. Because geologists have plenty of evidence for a worldwide flood. Should I go on?

• Of course Christianity is a mythology but you can't say it because Christian Fundamentalists run the country, it appears.

• It is a mythology. Just as with those other gods it depends who you ask.

What Girls Said 6

• When it comes down to the central issue, all religions are myth. There is no definitive proof that any Gods, or Goddesses, exist. Why, when man has existed for thousands of years, has Christianity only appeared in the last 2000 or so.

Religion was created for the sole purpose of giving hope of an afterlife, and because people are scared of their own mortality.

• So how did DNA come about? Code doesn't write itself.

• Study chemistry and physics and you'll learn. It's a natural event from the combining of inorganic elements to form complex chains of organic material influenced by extreme heat and electrical discharges. DNA is one of these, but even more compex. DNA evolves, just like all living tissue.

• Not all religions have an afterlife, not even most. In the most general terms religions were created to explain because humans are driven to find explanations, to make sense of things. If a situation is just too complex or difficult to grasp they project an explanation on it out of their own psychology. That's why gods are almost always humans or anthropomorphic animals.

• I've pondered such things myself and asked a question with my old account, I got some nice interesting answers so thought I'd share it with you:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1193581-the-difference-between-myths-religions

• "Gods hat make more sense" lol NO religion makes sense
    Why believe in any of those fairy tales?

• As an atheist, I couldn't tell you.

• jesus wasn't a story, he was real

• The only difference between a religion and a mythology is the number of believers.