What if mirror image is the real view and our eyes mirrors everything?

Ever think of this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've thought something similar to it. Like everytime we see out reflection like on a mirror forexample and from pictures taken on a camera are actually not accurate. Like that's the way we perceive ourselves through what we see. But in reality we'll never really know what we look like only what other people look like.

Also another one I thought of is what if the person we see in the mirror is actually you stuck in a 2D parallel universe that mimics everything you do.

What Girls Said 4

• Holy freaking mind blown! 😮😯

• I have a better fact. Things reflect the color so technically everything we see is in the wrong color. And we can never know the real color of anything

• this... kinda makes sense

• that makes no sense :-/

What Guys Said 2

• Interesting idea.

In fact, the lens in each of your eyes flips the image upside down in your eye. Your brain corrects this, but the image that the back of your eye receives is reversed vertically.

There's a whole side of philosophy dealing with questions of how we perceive our world, and how close or far that perception is to reality. I suggest exploring further.

• It is like that actually.